Grapefruit Fennel Salad with Poppyseed Dressing
Hello & Happy Monday!!
If I had to say why my weekly go to’s are, it’s all about a fab salad!! While I love to create fun creative dishes, let’s be honest, some days we are good to just get a quick bite before it’s back to the grind the next day. That being said, you have to have some effortless staple dishes you can whip up and a good salad is one of them.
With the warmer temperatures upon us, I was craving a Grapefruit and Fennel Salad. Even as someone who doesn’t gravitate towards grapefruit juice, it just adds a natural sweetness to a salad and a hint of sour which I love! Fennel on the other hand is one of those veggies that I’m always intrigued by.
You can roast it or slice it thin, but the flavor profile is mild with notes of licorice. Something about it is just different from all the rest and it can completely change the final result of a dish!!
What’s fab about this quick and easy salad, is everything! It has minimal ingredients. multiple textures, light and crisp, offers a hint of sweet, vibrant colors, notes of savory with the nuts, you could even throw in mint if you like, it can pair well with any protein, perf for summer, is paired with a quick and easy dressing, and is just a game changer!!
If you’re searching for that perf summer salad, this is it! You have to try my Grapefruit and Fennel Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing!!
Why this recipe is great:
Perf for summer
Easy homemade dressing
Pairs perf with any protein
Eat Drink Shrink
10 minPrep Time
10 minTotal Time
- 1 fennel bulb thinly sliced
- 1 avocado peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 pink grapefruits peeled and segmented
- 2 handfuls lightweight greens such as boston lettuce or fresh green leaf
- 1/2 cup sliced radish
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup pistachios, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed grapefruit juice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons champagne or white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- Salt/Pepper to taste
- 1 tsp Poppy Seeds
- For the Dressing: Add all of the ingredients to a jar with a fitted lid.
- Close the jar and shake Combine the salad ingredients in a large salad bowl.
- Drizzle with 3-4 tablespoons of the citrus dressing and season with the salt and pepper.
- Adjust seasoning and garnish with the tops of the fennel (chopped)