Vegan Buffalo Chickpea Salad
Hello & Happy Monday!
I don’t know about you, but I love all things buffalo. To be honest though, I had an aversion to all things spicy for as long as I can remember. I’m not sure why, but I just hated anything with heat as I couldn’t tolerate it.
Today, I love everything with heat and its almost like salt to me. It’s a component in recipes that just always works!
In keeping with tradition to bring you at least 1-2 really quick and easy concepts per week, I knew I had to share this recipe! This little beauty was actually on my bucket list for quite a long time, but I kept overlooking it given it’s simplicity.
However, if there is one thing I have learned in the past year, its that people love effortless more than anything. Even if it’s a no brainer, it makes it more approachable and ultimately gets people in the kitchen, which is my objective!
What I love about this chickpea salad, is everything! It’s quick, easy, you can modify the heat, it perf on bread or you can blend into a “hummus” and enjoy with veggies, the ingrains are accessible, affordable, it can easily be made in bulk, perf for entertaining, non vegan approved, and a buffalo lovers dream!
If you’re searching for that effortless vegan salad sammie or a quick dip that doesn’t disappoint, you have to try my recipe for Buffalo Chickpea Salad with blue cheese slaw!
Why this recipe rocks:
Great for entertaining
Can be made into a dip
Non vegan approved
Eat Drink Shrink
Yields 2-4 sandwiches
10 minPrep Time
10 minTotal Time
- 2 cans chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 1/4 cup vegan blue cheese
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce
- salt and pepper to tast
- 1/2 cup celery, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1 tbsp chopped chives
- 1 cup white cabbage, shredded
- 1 cub purple cabbage, shredded
- 2 tbsp vegan blue cheese
- Combine all of the ingredients for the sandwiches. Smash with a fork or other utensil or even use your hands. Leave some of the bean un-smashed so the salad will hold together. For the slaw throw everything together. Add salt and pepper and apple cider vinegar if desired. Place both in the fridge until ready to serve.