Vegan Double Chocolate Flourless Avocado Walnut Brownies
Hello & Happy Tuesday!!
In reviewing various concepts I don’t do a lot of on Eat Drink Shrink, sadly, brownies were one of them lol. Typically brownies are flour based, pack tons of butter or oil, leaving little room to pack in nutrients. However, you can make a fab brownie with sweet potatoes, and even avocados!
I developed a flourless oil free avocado cookie recently and it occurred to me that you can seamlessly create a brownie concept by switching up a few ingredients, and poof, the vegan Avocado Walnut Brownies were born!
What’s fab about this recipe, is everything! It utilizes one bowl, a handful of ingredients, I’ve used a batch with a few tablespoons of mayple syrup and they were STILL GOOD, pack avocado, are gluten free, oil free, flourless, coffee enhances the chocolate flavor, are buttery soft, hold together, and are non vegan approved!!
If you love effortless modern vegan desserts, you have to try this recipe for vegan Avocado Walnut Brownies!!
Why this recipe rocks:
Non vegan approved
Yields 3 large, 8 small
5 minPrep Time
25 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 1 ripe avocado about 1/2 cup mashed avocado
- 1/4 cup or maple syrup
- 1/2 cup peanut butter or almond butter
- 1/2 banana
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1tsp baking soda
- 1tbs coffee grains
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cover a loaf pan with parchment paper. Slightly oil the paper with 1/2 teaspoon of liquid vegetable oil (coconut or peanut oil). This will prevent the brownies from sticking to the paper. Set aside.
- In a food processor, throw everything in and pulse until smooth. Scrape down the bottom and side of the bowl and process for an extra 15 seconds to make sure all the batter is combine - no lumps.
- Transfer the chocolate batter into the pan and top with walnuts and chocolate pieces.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the center is done. The less done they are the more fudge like the texture will be, which is still good! Since there is no raw egg or flour used you have no worries! Allow to cool for 15 minutes, slice and transfer onto a cooling rack to cool down completely and firm up for at least 30 mins to 1 hour.
- Store the brownies in the fridge for up to 5 days in an airtight container.
If you want to make more simply double the recipe and use two loaf pans or an 8inch pan. I wanted mine to be thick so I used just 1! You can also fold in chocolate chips for more rich chocolate flavor!