Vegan Greek Fritters with Cucumber Dill Sauce & Homemade Tofu Feta
Hello & Happy Tuesday!!
If there is one flavor combo I love, it’s Greek! If there is one concept I can’t get enough of, it’s fritters! Fritters are one of those recipes that gives you endless options, perf for any season, and can be a meal or the perfect small bite!
One of my first creations was a Jalapeno Zucchini Fritter. It quickly became one of the most viewed recipe on EDS and I soon realized that I wasn’t alone in my affinity for all things fritters! I later created Jalapeno Corn & Cauliflower Fritters, Beet Carrot, Butternut Squash, and Brussels Sprout Fritters.
That being said, these Greek Fritters were a no brainer!
What’s fab about this recipe, is everything! It features staple ingredients, packed with beans and herbs, crispy, flavor packed, pairs seamlessly with my cucumber dill sauce with homemade tofu feta, can easily be made in bulk, perf for entertaining during any season, and my new favorite concept!
If you love all things fritters or Greek flavors, you’re going to love these effortless Greek Fritters with cucumber dill sauce & homemade tofu feta!
Why this recipe rocks:
Can easily be made in bulk
The cucumber dill sauce puts it over the top!
Eat Drink Shrink
Yields 6-10 depending on size
15 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 1 package of firm tofu
- 1/2 lemon (juice)
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 4 tbsps fresh oregano
- 4 tbsps fresh dill
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup vegan yogurt or sour cream
- 1/2 cup seedless cucumber, chopped
- 2 tbsps chopped dill
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tsps lemon juice
- 1/2 cup homage tofu feta
- salt/pepper as needed
- 3 1/2 tbsp vegan Follow Your Heart egg powder
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbs. fresh chopped oregano
- 2 1/2 tbsps. minced parsley
- 2 1/2 tbsps fresh dill
- 2 (15-oz.) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 tbsps flour (you can also use oat flour)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup Panko (additional for coating)
- 1/2 cup chopped kalamata olives
- Salt/pepper as needed
- Tofu Feta: Press the firm tofu to remove excess water. Use paper towels or paper towels with a weight on top to assist in the process. Cut the tofu into cubes. For the marinade mix all other ingredients in container add the cubed tofu, cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours and ideally 3-5 days. Tofu will take more texturized form and resemble feta cheese more.The longer it sits the better it will taste! My first batch sat in the fridge for nearly 5
- Cucumber Dill Feta Sauce: Slightly drain and crumble the tofu feta cubes, Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl, set aside in the fridge to chill until ready to serve.
- Fritters: Combine the almond milk or water with the vegan egg powder. Prep all the veggies making sure they are all evenly chopped. (I missed part of a shallot lol) Throw everything in a large bowl, mash, and combine all the ingredients. Be sure to not mash all of the beans so that they hold their shape. Coat the outside with a little extra Panko.
- In a skillet over medium heat, add a little oil and cook on each side for 5-7 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with the dill feta sauce and enjoy! ( garnished my with a dill sprig and a little red onion)