Vegan Jalapeno Cheddar Biscuits
Hello & Happy Tuesday!!
Believe it or not, there once was a time that I hated things with spice. However, it’s a fact that the more you age your tastebuds die out and your palate shifts. Today, I love all things with a lil bit of heat. In many ways, it’s like adding salt or pepper to a dish, it only enhances the flavor.
If you can get the trifecta of a lil’ sweet, heat, and salt into a recipe, I’m all about it lol.
While I typically crave only things in season, with the pregnancy hormones eat 37 weeks I’ve been craving many food staples that fall into anything, but summer lol. However, being a girl from the south, I love a good biscuit anytime of the year!! What’s fab about my staple biscuit recipe is that it’s dairy and egg free, quick, easy, and they come out buttery soft and not dry or oversaturated. Needless to say, I found the perf base, so there will be endless biscuit concepts coming to EDS!!
What’s fab about this recipe, is everything! It’s quick, easy, affordable, packed with flavor, vegan cheese, has a little bit of heat, aesthetic appeal, the perf texture, you can mix up the fillings to cater to the season or your tastebuds, perf to pair with countless dishes, and hands down one of my favorite biscuits!!
If you love all things with heat or crave a good biscuit, you’re going to love these new vegan Jalapeño Cheddar Biscuits!!
Why this recipe is great:
Packed with vegan cheese and a lil heat
No dairy or eggs
Perf for any season and to compliment countless dishes!
Eat Drink Shrink
15 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
- 2 Cups All-Purpose Flour, plus additional for rolling
- 1 Tablespoon + 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 2 Tablespoons Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 Teaspoon Salt (Kosher or Table Salt)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, very cold (8 tbsp)
- 2 jalapeños, seeds removed, chopped
- 1 cup Follow Your Heart Shredded Vegan Cheddar
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees (F).
- Line a large baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper; set aside.In a large bowl combine the flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, and black pepper; whisk well to combine.
- Add the vegan butter to the flour and using your fingertips rub the butter into the mix, stopping when the mixture is a coarse meal.
- Stir in the chopped jalapeño and vegan cheddar.
- Gradually add the almond milk stir with a fork just until a messy (sticky) ball is formed.
- Turn the dough out onto a generously floured surface and knead (with very floured hands) until the dough has been worked into a ball; about 6-7 times should do it. Don't overwork the dough as they won't rise well.
- Pat the ball down into a 1" thick round, then use a biscuit cutter to cut out as many rounds as possible, re-rolling the scraps as needed. I like to fold the dough in half creating 2 layers, then cut out the biscuits to create larger ones.
- Place the biscuits on the prepared baking sheet bottom side up as it should be more flat. Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until golden brown.