Vegan No Bake Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake
Hello & Happy Thursday!!
Believe it or not, I had no idea it was a holiday weekend until just days ago. I’m so consumed with cooking and projects that sometimes I don’t even stop to look up and see if there is an excuse to travel lol. Throughout 6 years of college I never found the time as I always took summer classes or was doing an additional training such as yoga etc. With my birthday around the corner (tear), I know my goal will be to take more time for myself to travel and create experiences. At the end of the day, we can savor experiences for years, while something tangible typically expires in the joy it brings. Make time to travel.
When I first started cooking back in 2014, my gateway recipes were cashew cheesecakes. At the time it was a modern approach, they came out gorgeous etc, but fast forward a few years later and I was just bored to tears with cashew cheesecakes lol. Don’t get me wrong, I love all things cashews, but when it comes to cheesecakes I’d rather just skip them altogether, and ironically, you absolutely can!
and the vegan Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake was born!
What’s fab about this cheesecake is simply, everything! It’s quick, easy, has minimal ingredients, you can modify the added maple syrup, it has a whipped like texture, tart flavor profile, it’s no bake, no hassle, no mess, will make you look like an iron chef, is perf for Labor Day Weekend, and if you’re not a fan of lemon you can simply remove the lemon altogether!
If you love effortless modern vegan desserts that can be made with a quickness, you have to try my recipe for a no bake vegan Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake!
Why this recipe rocks:
Minimal added sugar
eat Drink Shrink
15 minPrep Time
15 minTotal Time
- 12 dates w/pits removed (if hard soak in hot water for 10 minutes)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups pecans (you can use others!)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 can coconut milk, full fat
- 2 1/2 cups blueberries
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- zest from 1 lemon
- Grease an 8 or 9 inch pie pan
- Combine all of the crust ingredients in a food processor. Press into a pan and allow to chill in the fridge while you make the filling.
- Add all of the filling ingredients into the food processor, blend until smooth. Pour over chilled crust. Set in fridge to firm up for 1hr to 2hrs or until firm. For the ridges on the top simply run a spatula over the top after an hour of chilling when its more firm.
- Top with lemon zest