Vegan Oven Baked Zucchini Fries with Remoulade Sauce
Hello & Happy Friday!!!
We’re doing maternity pictures today!! I’m excited to finally be wrapping up all the appointments starting next week and to relax and just wait for this babe to come. In the meantime I’m whipping up some of my bucket list recipes that I’ve been wanting to try!
One of them, is oven baked zucchini fries!!
While I was going to incorporate the air fryer, I thought I would first give a more approachable recipes that required no devices, just a standard oven, and they came out great! I’ll be honest, the boom of the zucchini noodles came and passed for me back in 2012. I got bored really quick so I’m always trying to find new ways to love veggie noodles, and these fries were such a hit!!
What’s fab about these fries, is everything! It’s quick, easy, affordable, has minimal ingredients, is baked not fries, contains no egg, no oil, is straightforward, can easily be made in bulk, packs flavor, texture, the sauce is one of my faves and can be paired with countless other recipes, it’s perf for any season, perf for entertaining, and the crunch holds up without getting soggy!!
If you’re searching for more ways to love zucchini, you have to try my recipe for Vegan Oven Baked Zucchini Fries with Remoulade Sauce!!
Why this recipe is great:
No eggs or oil
Perf for entertaining
The sauce is fab and can be paired with countless other recipes!
Eat Drink Shrink
10 minPrep Time
12 minCook Time
22 minTotal Time
- 4 small/medium size zucchinis
- 1 Cup Panko
- 1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp salt & pepper
- 1/2 cup vegan parmesan (optional)
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- 1/2 cup vegan mayo
- 2 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 teaspoon horseradish
- 1 small clove garlic
- 1/2 lemon juice
- 1 green onion (chopped)
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- hot sauce to taste (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper; coat with cooking spray.Pulse the breadcrumbs, oregano, parmesan, salt and pepper thru a food processor until finer crumbs form (optional)
- Place cornstarch in a shallow dish.
- Place flour and almond milk separate shallow dish.
- Place the panko mixture in a third shallow dish.
- Spiralize the zucchini into fettuccine size. Coarsely chop zucchini noodles in half pieces.
- Working in batches, dredge the noodles in the cornstarch; shake off excess.
- Dredge in the flour mixture; shake off excess.
- Dredge in the panko mixture; shake off excess.
- Arrange the noodles, well spaced apart, in a single layer on the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake until golden and crispy, 10 to 12 minutes. Rotate fries mid bake.
- Remove from oven; sprinkle with salt.Combine remoulade sauce ingredients in a shallow bowl; serve alongside the fries.