Vegan Soft Bake Strawberry Lemonade Cookies
Hello & Happy Thursday!!
I still can’t believe summer is almost over! It’s my favorite season (next to fall) to do desserts as countless fruit varieties are thriving and I organically just crave fruit more with the warmer temperatures. One of my personal favorite combos is strawberry lemonade. If you don’t know by now, I love all things lemon! I find citrus concepts refreshing, not overwhelming to the tastebuds like chocolate.
That being said, in wrapping up summer concepts (tear), I had a craving for something strawberry lemonade and these vegan Soft Baked Strawberry Lemonade Cookies were born! In addition to all things citrus I love soft bake cookies. Crispy cookies are good, but I’m all about the soft!
What’s fab about these cookies, is everything! It’s my classic soft bake cookie recipes, easy, involves a handful of ingredients, has aesthetic appeal, perf for those last summer days, light and fluffy, and non vegan approved!
If you’re looking for the perf vegan soft bake cookie recipe or love all things lemon like me, these vegan Strawberry Lemon Cookies will be your new bff!
Why this recipe rocks:
Perf for summer!
No eggs or dairy
Eat Drink Shrink
Yields 6 large, 10 small l
10 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup almond milk, room temperature
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- zest from 1 lemon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 large strawberry, diced
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside. In the bowl of a standing mixer, beat together powdered sugar, melted coconut oil, lemon juice, room temperature almond milk and vanilla until creamy. Add flour mixture and continue to mix until combined. Dough will thicken as you stir.
- Roll 4tablespoon size scoops of dough into balls and place onto prepared baking sheet. Flatten slightly with fingers to 1/2-inch thick. You can wet your hands to make it easier working with the batter. Bake cookies for 8-10 minutes. Do not over bake, as cookies won't turn golden brown. Remove cookies from oven and place on cooling rack to cool completely.
- When cookies have completely cooled, prepare the frosting. In a large mixing bowl, combine the confectioners’ sugar and lemon.. Mix well and drizzle across the tops of the cookies, allow to set. Add the diced strawberries to the remaining icing and drizzle across the tops of the cookies, sprinkle with lemon zest, allow to set. Enjoy!