Vegan Superfood Triple Berry Crisp
Hello & Happy Tuesday!!
If there is one dessert that never gets old and is just all around effortless, it’s a fruit crisp! It’s typically a granola type topping as sweet or nutrient packed as you like served on top of whatever fruit your craving.
It’s the perfect option as it’s another blank canvas in my eyes. You can take it in whichever direction you want and it fits every season!
What I love about this particular fruit crisp, is everything! While I love all berries and enjoy them separately, combined the flavor is much more powerful. The entire dish is a handful of ingredients, it packs more protein with the addition of almonds, quinoa and hemp seeds, both quinoa and hemp seeds are complete proteins, it has minimal added sugar, fiber from the oats, an added crunch with the quinoa and almonds, aesthetic appeal, and is just perf for any season!
If you love all things berries or simple modern vegan desserts that are nutrient packed, you have to try my recipe for a Superfood Triple Berry Crisp!
Why this recipe rocks:
Packed with superfoods
Minimal added sugar
Perf for any season!
Eat Drink Shrink
Yields 6 servings
10 minPrep Time
26 minCook Time
36 minTotal Time
- 6-8 cups mixed berries (strawberries, raspberries, blueberries,)
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups oats
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup cane sugar
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 4 Tbsp coconut oil or vegan butter
- 1/2 cup hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and add fruit directly to a 9x13-inch or similar size dish
- Top the fruit with with maple syrup, corn starch, and lemon juice. Toss to combine.
- To a large mixing bowl, add the oats, cinnamon, coconut sugar, quinoa, almond flour, almonds hemp seeds, and salt. Stir to combine. Then add coconut oil (or vegan butter) and mix again (with a spoon or your hands) until evenly distributed.
- Spread the crisp topping evenly over the fruit. Bake uncovered on the center oven rack for 40-45 minutes or until the fruit is bubbling and the top is golden brown.
- Let cool 10 minutes before serving. Serve as is, or with vegan ice cream