Vegan White Chocolate Key Lime Pie Bars
Hello & Happy Tuesday!!
If there is one flavor profile that I gravitate towards, it’s all things lemon and lime! I find that the flavor cuts through everything else, regardless of what taste you may have lingering and it’s just refreshing versus overwhelming to the tastebuds like chocolate.
Although I love key lime pie, I sadly.. I had never explored a vegan variety! lol
It had been on my radar for a long time, but for whatever reason the recipe just escaped me every year. So I finally took the plunge and whipped up a recipe that involves minimal ingredients, effort, but most of all, had a fun modern spin with white chocolate!
What I love about this recipe is, everything! It’s easy, requires minimal ingredients, minimal baking, rich with lime, notes of white chocolate, garnished with toasted coconut and coconut whip, is perfect for any season, can be made into small bites for entertaining, and non vegan approved!!
If you’re looking to explore a modern vegan dessert concept that doesn’t disappoint, you have to try my recipe for vegan White Chocolate Key Lime Pie Bars!
Why this recipe works:
Perfect for any season!
Packs white chocolate
Notes of coconut
Eat Drink Shrink
Yields 4-6 servings
15 minPrep Time
7 minCook Time
22 minTotal Time
- 1 1/2 cans coconut milk (I chilled mine in fridge, used the solid portion only from the 1/2 can)
- 1 8.8oz bag vegan white chocolate chips (I used King David, you can find it on Amazon)
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tbsp lime zest
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- Toasted coconut
- Lime zest
- Coconut whip
- Preheat the oven to 375. Prepare an 8 inch square pan with wax/parchment paper. Combine the melted coconut oil and sugar with a whisk. Add the graham cracker crumbs and continue to combine. Press the graham crackers to the bottom of the pan using your hands and or the bottom of a glass. Bake for 7-10 minutes until golden brown. Set aside and allow the crust to cool.
- In a pan over medium heat add the coconut milk and bring to a boil. Add in the vegan chocolate chips an continue stirring until fully melted and incorporated. Remove from heat and add the lime juice, lime zest, and vanilla. Pour the mixture onto the cooled crust. Cover and let set in the fridge over night. Remove from the pan by pulling not he wax or parchment paper. Slice off the ends, slice into squares, and top with additional lime zest, coconut whip, and toasted coconut!