Welcome to Eat Drink Shrink
My Name is Gabrielle and I’m the founder & creator of Eatdrinkshrink.com. I established this website in late 2012 to share my experience and knowledge as I pursue a career as an MS Clinical Nutritionist and chef in New York City. I currently hold a BS in Clinical Nutrition from NYU, an MS in Nutrition & Health Sciences from Brooklyn College, and completed countless culinary courses and workshops.
While in the midst of producing my first cookbook, I work in recipe development and food photography with plant based companies and restaurants throughout the D.C. and NYC area, conduct hands on restaurant reviews with Dine 2 Dish, provide social media strategizing for companies, and in home cooking demos along with holistic nutrition counseling.
In my personal time I work with the Coalition For Healthy School Food. As a Junior Council Member I continue to share our ongoing mission to promote plant based foods in public schools throughout New York. I also privately teach yoga (YogaWorks 200hr certification), contribute to One Green Planet (300 recipes so far!), and am a full time mom to my puppy Burt. He’s from a farm in Kentucky! (Follow him on IG here)
Eat Drink Shrink evolved to become a platform to share cutting edge plant based recipes, product reviews, documentaries, e-books, as well as other current health related information under a single domain.
Today, I’ve produced over 500 recipes, collaborated with upwards of 200 companies and reviewed roughly 2,000 products via Eat Drink Shrink that are plant based, organic, eco friendly, non toxic and sustainable, in hopes to connect you with the current best of the best in plant based living.
Why Eat Drink Shrink?!
Through my platform you can seamlessly gain access to recipes, company and product info as well as hundreds of authentic reviews for green beauty skincare, haircare, cosmetics, mom & baby products, pet products, food products, cleanses, and even green home cleaners.
- To view all of the EDS vegan recipes click here
- To learn more about my life outside of reviews and cooking up a storm view EDS Life click here
- To sign up for the EDS Newsletter click here
- To download my 2nd e-book Eat Drink Shrink Vegan Desserts click here
- To see all the companies I’ve worked with click here
- To view all EDS cooking tutorials & reviews follow my YouTube Channel.
- To view a list of my personal favorite products click here
I eat clean, I eat green, and live well..
I’ve been a vegetarian/vegan on and off for 14 years. I was vegan for 4 years, and was a strict raw vegan for 2 years. Today I’ve arrived at a place where I feel happy, healthy, and balanced. My diet is very plant strong, colorful, and seasonal. I drink lots of green juice, limit packaged foods, and cook at home 5 to 6 days a week.
“Food encompasses everything we do, it’s the universal experience, the common ground, and the thread that binds us all together. It’s the heart, soul, and ideology of this nation.” – Gabrielle
Eat Drink Shrink Mission
I found that my objective in life is to empower people to choose
Wholesome, healthy, plant based foods.
I want to strip away the intimidation one experiences when attempting to make almond milk, cashew cheesecake, or a batch of homemade kombucha tea. I want to provide individuals with the essential tools and confidence to radically change their diet and to rebel against the dominant food culture. I truly believe that together.. We can change the world with every bite..
You Didn’t Know About Gabrielle + 10 Current obsessions
- I’ve called the NYC my home for the past 9+ years, but I’m originally from Atlanta
- I could ice skate when I was only 2yrs old while still wearing a pacifier (skills)
- I live in
skinny jeans yoga pants Onepiece‘s Boyfriend Jeans Food pun shirtsRails Flannels
- I’ve lived in Miami (Best place to be October-March)
- I danced with a Russian ballet when I was 5
- I’m Lithuanian, Polish, and part Cherokee Indian.
- My right foot is a full size bigger than my left (my left shoe tends to fly off.. awkwarrrrrd)
- I’m left handed (special)
- I was diagnosed with a rare congenital disorder called Situs Inversus (Basically all my internal organs are flipped.. more special?)
- I love anything lemon, all things avocado, heirloom tomatoes, fennel, celery root, and using fresh herbs in everything!