Vegan Banana Cheesecake Bread
Hello & Happy Wednesday!
Since banana bread is making a comeback in recent years I’ve been falling in love with it all over again. What’s fab about banana bread, is that it’s so versatile.
You can throw in coffee grains, various extracts, fruit, nuts, and top with whatever you like! While thinking of the next perfect banana bread concept, a lightbulb went off, .. I have to try a cheesecake variety!
In the past 6 months I’ve been making more of an effort to develop recipes without white flour. That being said, I tried whole wheat flour with this concept and it just didn’t work. The results were not a bread like texture and I ultimately opted for white flour.
What I love about this recipe is, everything! It’s classic, easy, eggless, dairy free, packs flavor, aesthetic appeal, has a cheesecake filling, and is non vegan approved!
If you’re looking for a modern spin on the classic banana bread, you have to try my recipe for vegan Banana Cheesecake Bread!
Why this recipe rocks:
Perf for any season
Uses coconut oil versus butter
Non vegan approved
Eat Drink Shrink
Yields 8 slices
15 minPrep Time
60 minCook Time
1 hr, 15 Total Time
- 1/2 c. melted coconut oil, plus more butter for pan
- 1 c. plus 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour, divided, plus more for pan
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 3/4 c. coconut sugar
- 1/4 c. almond milk combined with 1 tbsp vinegar - "vegan buttermilk"
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 4 tbsp Follow Your Heart vegan eggs plus 1tbs, divided (combine with almond milk)
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 4 oz. Follow Your Heart vegan cream cheese, softened
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Combine almond milk with vinegar and set aside to curdle. Preheat oven to 350° and butter and flour a 9"-x-5" loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together 1 cup flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In another large bowl, combine 3/4 cup coconut sugar, melted coconut oil, the vegan buttermilk, vanilla, 2tbsp vegan egg, mix until smooth. Pour wet ingredients over dry and stir until combined, then fold in mashed bananas.
- Make cream cheese filling: In a small bowl, stir together 1 tbsp vegan egg, vegan cream cheese, and remaining 2 tablespoons each flour and maple syrup.
- Transfer half the batter to prepared pan. Dollop cream cheese filling on top and smooth in an even layer with a spatula. Top with remaining batter and bake until deeply golden and a toothpick comes out clean, 1 hour. Let cool at least 10 minutes before serving.