Vegan Strawberry Banana Bread
Hello & Happy Monday!!
I make a concerted effort to create a banana bread concept as it’s just so easy and such an approachable concept. Whether you have fresh bananas, or bad bananas ideally, it’s a universal staple in just about everyones home.
With the warmer weather around the corner and strawberries being in season, I knew I had to whip up a classic Strawberry Banana Bread!The biggest obstacle with adding fruit to baked goods is creating too much moisture. You already have the banana, so when you throw in the strawberries you need to stick to the measurements!
What’s fab about this bread, is everything! It’s quick, easy, involves a handful of ingredients, you could omit the added sugar altogether to derive all of the sweetness from the fruit, it’s perf for spring, has moisture but texture and holds together, and even my husband liked it! (he’s not a banana bread person)
If you’re searching to add a spring twist to your classic banana bread, you have to try my recipe for vegan Strawberry Banana Bread!
Love me some vegan Strawberry Banana Bread! http://www.eatdrinkshrink.com/breads/vegan-strawberry-banana-bread Click To Tweet
Why this recipe rocks:
Perf for summer
Non vegan approved
Eat Drink Shrink
Yields 6-8 slices
10 minPrep Time
45 minCook Time
55 minTotal Time
- 1 1/2 cups flour + 2tbs
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup almond milk (room temp)
- 1/2 cup organic cane sugar or maple syrup
- 1 1/2 cup strawberries, sliced
- 1 1/2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease well the bottom and sides of a 9x5" loaf pan with cooking spray or coconut oil.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. In a large bowl combine mashed bananas, almond milk (room temp) sugar, vanilla, and melted coconut oil. If the oil begins to solidify due to the almond milk not being cold enough simply pop in the microwave for a minute.
- Slowly fold the wet ingredients into the dry, just until incorporated. Fold in 1 cup of the sliced strawberries. Save the remainder to top it with.
- Pour the batter into the pan and top with additional strawberries. Bake for 45 minutes - 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.