Vegan Cinnamon and Sugar Muffins
Hello & Happy Thursday!!
I was going to save this recipe for Friday, but I lately I’ve been getting a few random cravings and they are just too good not to share right away lol. If you know me, you know I long for all things cinnamon and sugar. I feel as though this combo is a staple, it’s not overwhelming in flavor and is just perfect for any season.
While I love this combo, it occurred to me that I didn’t have this flavor even with my array of muffin concepts lol. That being said, this recipe was just a no brainer! Not crazy about cinnamon and sugar?! Don’t worry, I’m sure there is a fab weekend muffin for you!!
To date I’ve done a Pistachio, Chocolate Chip Muffin, Carrot Cake, Blood Orange Muffin, Blueberry Basil, Lemon Poppy Seed, Lemon Blackberry, Matcha Chocolate Chip, Cinnamon Pear, Triple Berry, Lemon Blueberry, Double Dark Chocolate Chip, Eggnog, Gingerbread, Peanut Butter & Chocolate, Dark Chocolate Strawberry, Orange Cranberry, Peach Oatmeal, Strawberry Basil, Raspberry Almond, Pumpkin Chocolate Chip, Cinnamon Apple, Blueberry Almond, Green Machine ,Lemon Rosemary, & Dark Chocolate & Raspberry muffins!
This recipe is fab four countless reasons. It’s my staple muffin base, minimal ingredients, easy to follow, affordable, contains no dairy or eggs, is packed with cinnamon, buttery soft, perf for any season, can easily be made in bulk, you could add a cream cheese icing drizzle to turn it into a cinnamon roll muffin, great for entertaining, has aesthetic appeal, and is a cinnamon lovers dream!!
If you love all things cinnamon and sugar, you’re going to love these staple Cinnamon & Sugar Muffins!!
Why this recipe rocks:
Packed with cinnamon
Perf for any season!
Eat Drink Shrink
Yields 6-6 depending on size
5 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup almond milk, room temp
- 1 tsp cinnamon (you can do less for a lighter colored muffin)
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 large banana, mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 Cup Cane Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- 5 Tablespoons vegan Butter, Melted
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F., line 8 standard-size muffin cups with paper liners. For standard-size muffins line 10 muffin cups. (optional) Fill the remaining cups with 1 to 2 tablespoons of water to help the muffins bake evenly.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in a large bowl.
- In another bowl mash the banana, then add the melted coconut oil, sugar, almond milk and vanilla extract. Blend until smooth. If the mixture is too cold and coconut oil begins to solidify, simply pop in the microwave for a few seconds.
- Add wet to dry ingredient lightly combine. Do not over mix. (The muffin batter will be quite thick) Fill batter into the muffin cups.Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted in the middle and comes out clean.The larger you make the muffins the longer it will take to cook thru.
- If the tops begin to dry out simply make a tent with aluminum foil and continue baking. I do this with all muffins to preserve the tops! Remove from heat. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before removing from tins.
- For the topping: In a small bowl mix together the cinnamon and sugar. In another small bowl melt the 5 Tablespoons of vegan butter.
- Dip the muffins into the butter, then roll in the cinnamon sugar mixture.