Vegan Eggnog Muffins
Hello & Happy Friday!!
This week was one for the books and I started breaking into Christmas concepts. I find that every year the holiday creeps up on me and there are countless recipes that I never get to. This year, I have my game face on and have some fab concepts coming your way!
When it comes to holidays, we all love them as it’s a time to get some r&r, visit family, and eat without limitations. I love all those aspects, but I of course love the cooking most! There is more room for creativity with holiday cooking & traditions come into play, making the options endless. We all have that aunt or grandmother who makes a jello salad or ambrosia every year.
While I’d never eat those items today, it’s like taking a walk down memory lane as the concepts were iconic during their time. Food evolves, ingredients shift, but it always brings everyone together, and that’s what I love.
When it comes to Christmas, eggnog is a staple! You either love it or hate it or you’ve never even had it at all (my husband lol). For myself it was a staple in our family and although rich, it just brings back memories. Today there are a variety of vegan versions and I was excited to play around with the product this year.
The first recipe I knew I had to do, was of course a fab muffin!
It took me a while to find the perf vegan muffin balance, but once I did I created tons. To date I have Gingerbread, Peanut Butter & Chocolate, Dark Chocolate Strawberry, Orange Cranberry, Peach Oatmeal, Strawberry Basil, Raspberry Almond, Pumpkin Chocolate Chip, Cinnamon Apple, Blueberry Almond, Green Machine and a Dark Chocolate & Raspberry muffins!
A vegan eggnog muffin seemed like the next best thing! I honestly wasn’t sure how I’d like the flavor as some eggnog concepts can be off-putting, but these were SO GOOD!!
What’s fab about these muffins, is everything! It’s quick, easy, has minimal ingredients, features vegan eggnog, no vegan eggs, packs tons of flavor, you can skip the icing if you’d like to reduce the sugar content, have a buttery soft texture, are perf for holiday entertaining, and hands down my new fave muffin!
If you love all things eggnog or just crave fun modern vegan recipes, you’re going to love these vegan Eggnog Muffins!!
Why this recipe rocks:
Perf for Christmas
Perf for entertaining
Eat Drink Shrink
Yields 6-10 depending on size
10 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 large banana, mashed
- 3/4 cup vegan eggnog (room temp)
- 2 tbsps coconut sugar or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2 cups powdered sugar
- 1-2 tbs vegan eggnog
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. For big-topped muffins, line 8 standard-size muffin cups with paper liners. For standard-size muffins line 10 muffin cups. (optional) Fill the remaining cups with 1 to 2 tablespoons of water to help the muffins bake evenly.
- Whisk the flour, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt in a large bowl.
- Add melted coconut oil, mashed banana, room temp vegan eggnog and vanilla extract to a bowl and whisk until smooth. If the mixture is too cold and coconut oil begins to solidify, simply pop in the microwave for a few seconds.
- Add wet to dry ingredient lightly combine. Do not over mix. (The muffin batter will be quite thick) Top with coarse sugar if desired.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted in the middle and comes out clean. If the tops are browning too much, simply turn down the heat to 375 for the remaining bake.
- Allow to completely cool then combine the powdered sugar and eggnog. Gradually add the eggnog to achieve the desired consistency. Drizzle over top and serve!