Vegan Gluten Free White Chocolate Pumpkin Biscotti
Hello & Happy Friday!!
As a new mom, the days are long, but the weeks are short! Basically, I can’t believe it’s already Friday. Time just flies by and I swear, he’s only 7 weeks, but it feels l like he just arrived yesterday.
With the new fall season upon us, I’ve been on the move to create effortless pumpkin focused concepts. The older I get, I find myself getting more excited about the shifting of the seasons, earlier, and earlier lol. While I love the new weather, I of course love the food even more!!
In recent years I’ve found a new affinity for biscotti! If you’ve ever set foot in a Starbucks you always see them at the cash register. I just never got the excitement surrounding this staple cookie. It looked dry, what was all the fuss about?! While biscotti may come off underwhelming wrapped in plastic at a Starbucks, when made fresh it’s like pure heaven! Believe it or not, it can also easily be made vegan and with almond flour, making it a win win in my book!
Having a new found obsession with biscotti and a new fall season, it only meant one thing.. I have to make a Pumpkin Biscotti!!
What’s fab about this recipe, is everything! It’s easy, features staple ingredients (minus the vegan egg), has a rich pumpkin flavor, its gluten free, refined sugar free, contains no dairy or eggs, has the traditional biscotti texture, is coated in white chocolate, perf for fall, perf to pair with coffee, has aesthetic appeal, and is perf for even a gift!
If you love all things pumpkin or fab vegan/gluten free eats, you’ll fall in love with this vegan + gluten free White Chocolate Pumpkin Biscotti!!
Why this recipe is great:
Refined sugar free
Packs real pumpkin
Perf for fall
Packs tons of flavor
Vegan White Chocolate
Eat Drink Shrink
Yields 10-20 biscotti depending on size of rectangle
15 minPrep Time
1 hrCook Time
1 hr, 15 Total Time
- 12 tbsp coconut oil (room temp)
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp Follow Your Heart vegan egg powder w/ 6 tbsp almond milk (room temp)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree (room temp)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 cups almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup vegan white chocolate combined w/1tbs coconut oilI
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, cream the coconut oil, and coconut sugar on medium speed for 3 minutes, until light and fluffy.
- With the mixer on low, add the vegan eggs with almond milk, vanilla extract, and mix until combined, scraping down the bowl with a rubber spatula. Add the pumpkin puree and mix until just combined.
- In a medium bowl, combine the almond flour, cinnamon, pumpkin spice, baking powder and salt.
- With the mixer on low, slowly add the dry mixture to the wet mixture, mixing only until combined. Scrape down the bowl and beater and make sure all the ingredients are combined.
- Roll the dough into a long rectangle shape
- Bake for 30-45 minutes, until lightly browned (the logs will be soft). Cool for 30 minutes.
- With a knife, slice the biscotti 1/2 inch thick at a full 45-degree angle. Place the slices cut-side up on the prepared sheet pans. Bake for 30 minutes, turning each slice once, until browned and fully baked. If they seem as though they are burning at any point, you can make a tinfoil tent to protect them.
- Turn the oven off and allow them to further dry out. Transfer to a baking rack to cool.
- Melt the white chocolate and coconut oil in the microwave for one minute, stirring every 15 seconds until fully melted. Drizzle over the tops of the biscotti, sprinkle with cinnamon while still wet, and allow to set. Enjoy!
For smaller biscotti/more of them make 2 rectangles and bake! You can find vegan white chocolate on Amazon