Vegan Orange Cranberry Muffins
Hello & Happy Saturday!!
If there is one breakfast concept I crave, it’s a good muffin! I recently tested various recipes and came up with the perf texture balance. Since then I’ve done an array of options as they are just too easy and make for the perf brunch option!
When it comes to fall we typically envision all things pumpkin and apple. However, I also find that all things cranberry fit into that fall vibe category. While I’m not one to every reach for cranberry sauce, I’ve come to find that homemade cranberry sauce is actually good, and fresh cranberries are perf for baked goods.
They are nutrient packed and add a tart flavor profile to everything which I love!
What’s fab about these muffins, is everything! It features a handful of ingredients, it’s easy, quick, affordable, colorful, tart flavor with notes of orange, perf for a fall brunch, and can easily be made in bulk!
If you love a good staple muffin recipe or all things cranberry, you have to try my recipe for vegan Orange Cranberry Muffins!
Why this recipe rocks:
Tart flavor with a hint of orange
Perf for fall
Eat Drink Shrink
Yields 4-8 large, big-topped muffins / 10 standard muffins / 20-22 mini muffins
10 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup cane sugar (additional for topping)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 large banana, mashed
- 1/2 cup almond milk (room temp)
- 1 teaspoons vanilla or orange extract
- zest from 1 orange
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. For big-topped muffins, line 8 standard-size muffin cups with paper liners. For standard-size muffins line 10 muffin cups. (optional) Fill the remaining cups with 1 to 2 tablespoons of water to help the muffins bake evenly.
- Whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl.
- Add oil, mashed banana, room temp almond milk and vanilla or orange extract, orange zest to a bowl and whisk until smooth. If the mixture is too cold and coconut oil begins to solidify, simply pop in the microwave for a few seconds.
- Add wet to dry ingredient lightly combine. Do not over mix. (The muffin batter will be quite thick) Fold in the cranberries, and fill into the muffin cups. Save a few for topping and dust with coarse sugar (all optional)
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted in the middle and comes out clean. If the tops are browning too much, simply turn down the heat to 375 for the remaining bake. Allow to cool in the muffin tins and top with icing and orange zest Optional)
You can sub orange juice instead of almond milk to enhance the orange flavor, however the texture will be completely different!