Vegan Pistachio Muffins
Hello & Happy Friday!!
If you know me, you know I love a fab muffin on a weekend. Even though I’ve whipped up upwards of 20 different muffin recipes, a new one always pops into my head. Lately I’ve been craving all things pistachio. I don’t know if it stems from my old affinity for ready made pistachio pudding lol (true story) or the fact that I love the color or almond extract..
but I’m just all about pistachio concepts!!
Growing up we always had pistachio ice cream in the freezer. I feel as though it was my dads favorite lol. While my love for all things pistachio didn’t come until later, there is something about the flavor that just keeps me coming back.
Not crazy about pistachios?! I’ve done a Chocolate Chip Muffin, Carrot Cake, Blood Orange Muffin, Blueberry Basil, Lemon Poppy Seed, Lemon Blackberry, Matcha Chocolate Chip, Cinnamon Pear, Triple Berry, Lemon Blueberry, Double Dark Chocolate Chip, Eggnog, Gingerbread, Peanut Butter & Chocolate, Dark Chocolate Strawberry, Orange Cranberry, Peach Oatmeal, Strawberry Basil, Raspberry Almond, Pumpkin Chocolate Chip, Cinnamon Apple, Blueberry Almond, Green Machine ,Lemon Rosemary, & Dark Chocolate & Raspberry muffins!
What’s fab about these vegan Pistachio Muffins, is everything! It’s my staple muffin recipe, has minimal ingredients, no dairy or eggs, packs less sugar than most recipes, packed with spinach for a vibrant color, offers a rich pistachio flavor, buttery soft, has aesthetic appeal, perf for St. Patricks Day, perf for spring, and is a pistachio lovers dream!!
If you love all things pistachio or fresh modern vegan recipes, you’re going to love these new vegan Pistachio Muffins!!
These vegan Pistachio Muffins look FAB! I can't wait to make these! Click To Tweet
Why this recipe rocks:
No dairy or eggs
Less sugar than most recipes
Packs a rich pistachio flavor
Eat Drink Shrink
Yields 3-8 depending on size
5 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2/3 cup cane sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup almond milk, room temp
- 1 large banana, mashed
- 2/3 cup pistachios, chopped
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F., line 8 standard-size muffin cups with paper liners. For standard-size muffins line 10 muffin cups. (optional) Fill the remaining cups with 1 to 2 tablespoons of water to help the muffins bake evenly.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- To a high power blender or food processor add melted coconut oil, sugar, mashed banana, spinach, almond milk and almond extract. Blend until smooth. If the mixture is too cold and coconut oil begins to solidify, simply pop in the microwave for a few seconds.
- Add wet to dry ingredient lightly combine. Do not over mix. (The muffin batter will be quite thick) Fill batter into the muffin cups.
- Top with chopped pistachios. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted in the middle and comes out clean.
- The larger you make the muffins the longer it will take to cook thru. After 5-7 minutes make a tent with aluminum foil and continue baking. I do this with all muffins to preserve the tops!
If you'd like to have pistachios throughout the muffin simply combine the wet and dry ingredients then fold in the pistachios. I typically do 1/2 cup sugar, but decided to make these a little sweeter with 2/3 cup!