Vegan GF Carrot Cake Parfaits
Hello & Happy Thursday!!
I had made upwards of 6 Easter recipes and although I loved them all, there was so many that I didn’t get to share each one. For me personally, I love all things carrot cake and it’s become a staple flavor that you can find it year round at the market and on menus, so that being said..
I decided to share it anyways, because it’s just that good!
So what is a parfait? Well, a parfait can be yogurt or cake based, or anything based for that matter and features layers. You could consider this a trifle, but for trifles I envision the large glass serving dish rather than the individual portions.
While I love a good cake recipe, icing baked goods is not in my skill set as it takes practice and precision to achieve a flawless look. That being said, parfaits are a perfect solution as they are just so effortless! You can make messy layers and it still doesn’t detract from the final product.
What I love about this recipe is, everything! It’s gluten free, comprised of almond flour, packed with carrots, no refined sugar, uses maple syrup, packs coconut whip instead of icing, quick, easy, perf for spring, fun to make with kids, and non vegan approved!
If you’re searching for that perfect gf vegan carrot cake, this is it!
I love vegan Carrot Cake Parfaits! https://bit.ly/2GAQxJG Click To Tweet
Why this recipe rocks:
Packs more carrots
Packs less sugar
Non vegan approved
Coconut whip instead of icing
Eat Drink Shrink
Yields 4 servings
15 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
45 minTotal Time
- 3 cups whole almond flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves (optional)
- 4tbs vegan egg powder combine with 1/2 cup almond milk
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup oil (I use coconut)
- 2 1/2 cups peeled and grated carrots
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1 cup toasted pecans, divided
- 2 cans coconut milk (chilled overnight, solid portion only)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice
- Preheat your oven to 350°F grease two cake pans and line w/parchment paper for easier removal
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and clove and toasted pecans.
- In a large bowl, whisk the vegan eggs, maple syrup, oil, vanilla, golden raisins, orange zest, and carrots, mix until combined.
- Add wet to dry ingredient and stir just until combined.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let cool for 10-15 minutes in the dish, and then turn onto a wire rack to cool. Break up into pieces.
- Coconut whip: Throw everything in the bowl of a standing mixed, whip until smooth. Create layers, garnish with pecans, chill until ready to serve