Vegan 3 Ingredient Chocolate Coconut Cookies
Hello & Happy Friday!!
I’ve been on the move to create minimalistic recipes and believe it or not, cookies are one of those concepts that you can easily throw together without flour, eggs, or even baking soda. There is so much that we throw into cookie recipes, but you can absolutely strip it down to its bare bones and you still have a fab cookie!
Since pregnant I’ve been exploring recipes I would eventually give to my son, and a recent banana coconut cookie concept gave me the idea to do a chocolate option! I’m just so glad I explored other variations as they came out so good!!
What’s fab about these cookies, is everything! They are quick, easy, feature only 3 ingredients as the base, uses only staple ingredients, takes minutes to throw together, has no added sugar, no white flour, no eggs, can easily be made in bulk, perfect for any season and you can even skip the chocolate drizzle for an even more effortless cookie!
If you’re searching for the most effortless timeless cookie, you’re going to love these vegan Chocolate Coconut Cookies!!
What this recipe rocks:
No added sugar
No white flour
Eat Drink Shrink
Yields 8-10 depending on size
5 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 3 bananas
- 2 cups shredded coconut (unsweetened)
- 3 tbsp coco powder
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (Lily's Sweets chocolate is sugar free)
- 2 tsps coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, very finely chop the coconut until it is the texture of breadcrumbs.
- Add the bananas and coco powder to the food processor; process until smooth
- Drop the cookies by round tablespoons onto prepared sheet, spacing 2 inches apart. Using moistened fingertips (simply dip fingers in water), flatten each cookie into a 2-inch round.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 17 to 20 minutes until edges appear slightly crisp. Transfer cookies to a cooling rack and cool completely.
- For the chocolate topping simply combine the chips and coconut oil in a bowl and microwave for 1 minute stirring every 15 seconds until fully melted. Drizzle over the cookies and allow to set for 5-10 minutes.