Hello & Happy Thursday!!
Lately I’ve been craving things more on the sweet side with nursing. It has to be in part with burning the additional calories an just craving carbohydrates. Either way, I’ve been running through my recipe bucket list to whip up some fun modern sweets and one of them.. was a vegan brookie!!
You don’t see the brookie concepts a lot and I loved how this one is more of a brownie cookie than a traditional cookie combined with a brownie. Compared to traditional brownies this concept has much less butter, but packs the same soft texture and takes minutes to make!!
What’s fab about this recipe, is everything! It’s quick, easy, affordable, buttery soft, packs rich chocolate versus cocoa powder, the chocolate I use is sweetened with stevia give the overall recipe low added sugar, it’s perf for any season, can easily be made in bulk, and is my new fave cookie!!
If you’re all about the brownies or fun modern vegan concepts, you’re going to love these new vegan Brookies!!
Why this recipe is great:
Made with rich stevia sweetened chocolate
Perf for any season
Calls for only 3tbsp butter, compared to most recipes which are packed w/butter
Eat Drink Shrink
Yields 6-12 depending on size
5 minPrep Time
11 minCook Time
16 minTotal Time
- 1 cup Lily's dark chocolate chips
- 3 Tablespoon vegan butter
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 2 Tablespoon Follow Your Heart egg powder combined w/6tbsp water or 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- Melt chocolate and vegan butter in a bowl over a pot with simmering water or in the microwave for 1 minute stirring every 10 seconds to prevent burning. Cool to room temperature (approx 10 mins).
- In a small bowl, whisk together sugar and vegan eggs.
- Add to chocolate and mix until well combined.
- Add flour and baking powder and mix until combined.
- Chill in the fridge for approx. 20-30mins, until batter is slightly thickened.
- Preheat oven to 350F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment or silicone mats.
- Using a medium cookie scoop (1 1/2 Tbsp), scoop batter onto cookie sheet and place 6 to a sheet. Dough will be sticky.
- Bake for approximately 11 mins, until cookies are cooked on the edges but still soft in the center. Cool completely on baking sheets. Store in airtight container.
You can use applesauce, but I prefer the vegan egg Even if you over bake them they will get soft again