Vegan Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Hello & Happy Wednesday!!
While going thru the all the foodie staples, I realized I didn’t have a solid recipe for vegan Chocolate Banana Bread. I always buy about 10 per week for my husband and I. Even with enjoying them as snacks or throwing in smoothies or recipes, I’ve recently been left with so many by the end of the week lol.
Since nothing goes to waste in our home, I’ve been whipping up some fab banana bread, and chocolate seemed like the next best thing! I love a good banana bread as you can skimp on the added sugar with the majority being derived from the fruit itself. You can also treat banana bread as a blank canvas and have fun with the flavors..
Making the options endless!!
What I love about this banana bread, is everything! It’s quick, easy, packs moisture, but isn’t oversaturated (tested 2x to perfection), packs a rich chocolate flavor, buttery soft, perf for any season, has less added sugar, requires no vegan eggs or flax eggs, no dairy, perf for those chocolate lovers, and is just a timeless concept!!
If you love all things chocolate or are looking for a way to salvage all those spoiled bananas, this vegan Chocolate Banana Bread is it!!
Why this recipe is great:
Packed with bananas
Less added sugar
Perf for any season!
Eat Drink Shrink
Yields 6-8 slices
15 minPrep Time
40 minCook Time
55 minTotal Time
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup vegan butter *room temp
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 3 1/3 cups pureed overripe bananas
- 1 cup Lily's Sweet Dark Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Lightly grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.In a large bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.In the bowl of a standing mixer whisk together the vegan butter and coconut sugar until light and fluffy. Slightly cold and room temp is fine, just not melted.
- Now add in the room temp mashed bananas and combine until well blended.(blend bananas in a food processor for the smoothest texture)
- Stir the banana/sugar mixture into flour mixture; combine, but don't over mix.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and top with dark chocolate chips. I like to lightly press the chips in so they stick to the bread more post bake.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Make a tinfoil tent over the bread in the oven mid bake to prevent the chocolate from burning and maintaining a gorgeous top layer!
- Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack, slice and enjoy!