Vegan Dark Chocolate Marshmallow Treats
Hello & Happy Wednesday!!!
I realized the other day that I didn’t have enough chocolate concepts. That being said, I was thinking of the next concept I could whip up that was quick, easy, and affordable..
and boom, I knew I had to do a vegan Dark Chocolate Marshmallow Treat!!
For myself I find marshmallow treats to be so nostalgic. As a child you envision them being this masterpiece that’s involved and time consuming, but it’s the easiest concept to make in just 15 minutes. Reaching for a store bought ready made option is just insane today as you can make it yourself and create a healthier alternative.
What’s fab about this recipe, is everything! It’s quick, easy, affordable, features vegan marshmallows, you can switch up the cereal if you like, the coffee enriches the chocolate flavor, it’s topped with additional chocolate, it’s perf for any season, can easily be made in bulk, and is a chocolate lovers dream!!
If you love all things chocolate or simple vegan sweets, you have to try this recipe for vegan Dark Chocolate Marshmallow Treats!!
Why this recipe rocks:
Can easily be made in bulk
Perf for any season
Coffee enriches the flavor!
Eat Drink Shrink
Yields 8-10 servings depending on size
15 minPrep Time
15 minTotal Time
- 1/4cup vegan butter
- 1 package vegan marshmallows (I used Dandies)
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 5 cups Rice Krispies
- 1 tbsp coffee grains
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 tbs coconut oil
- Grease an 8 inch pan or dish.
- In a large pot over medium/high heat add the vegan butter, marshmallows. Cook for 3-5 minutes until fully melted. Continue stirring and add in the chocolate chips, cocoa powder and coffee grains.
- Combine for 2 minutes and add in Rice Krispies. Mix well. Remove from heat and press into a dish. Allow the bars to set.
- In a bowl add the topping ingredients and microwave for 1 minute, stirring every 15 seconds until fully melted and combine.
- Pour over the top of the cooled marshmallow treats and chill in the fridge for 5 minutes. Cut into squares and enjoy!