Vegan Dark Chocolate Raspberry Zucchini Bread
Hello & Happy Saturday!
I don’t typically post on the weekends, but I was traveling for work and things got more hectic with going from one place to another and not always having the internet made me miss a day! I’ve also have been collecting countless recipes as I’m trying to set aside more time to work on larger projects. (stay tuned)
In keeping with my weekly tradition, I’ve been pushing out a banana bread type concept as I find they are so approachable to many. Like many concepts, I view them as a “blank canvas”. I found a staple banana bread recipe that just works through and through, and I modify the ingredients to create modern flavors.
Don’t get me wrong, plain ol’ banana bread is glorious, but there are countless variations we can explore to keep it interesting and keep your tastebuds on their toes!
Zucchini bread epedemic has slightly died down, but it’s still fun to throw it into recipes to create moisture and perhaps a nutrient boost. The only struggle is maintaining that moisture and not going over the threshold. If you add too much you’ll have a sad soggy mess, so you really have to be conservative with the amount you use.
With this little beauty, I was craving something chocoaltely as I love the color you achieve with coco powder and breads, dark chocolate also contains antioxidants, and you can ultimately reduce the added sugar as the rich chocolate and fruit organically provide sweetness.
What I love about this recipe, is everything! It’s quick, easy, made with whole wheat, dense but has moisture, rich chocolate flavor but lower in sugar, perf for any season, can utilize that zucchini lingering in your fridge on the verge of spoiling, and is perf for meal prep Sundays!
If you’re looking for a modern spin on your classic banana/zucchini bread, you have to try my recipe for vegan Dark Chocolate Raspberry Zucchini Bread!
Why this recipe rocks:
Packed with fruit and zucchini
Rich chocolate flavor
Dense, but has moisture!
Per for any season!
Eat Drink Shrink
Yields 6-8 slices
10 minPrep Time
45 minCook Time
55 minTotal Time
- 1 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tbs coffee grounds, optional, but enriches the flavor
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup almond milk (room temp)
- 3/4 cup coco powder
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or agave
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips, (extra for topping)
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries, more for topping
- 1 cup zucchini grated, measured wet, and drained
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease well the bottom and sides of a 9x5" loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, coco powder, baking soda, and salt. combine mashed bananas (make sure to remove nearly all clumps), drained zucchini, almond milk (room temp), maple syrup, vanilla, melted coconut oil and . If the oil begins to solidify due to the cold almond milk, simply pop in the microwave for a minute.
- Add the dry to wet, just until incorporated. Fold in the raspberries and chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into the loaf pan and top with additional raspberries and chocolate chips. To make sure they adhered well, you can slightly press them into the batter. If you can, use the chocolate that comes in the larger pieces than the morsels and simply crush the portion up that goes into the batter. Bake for 45 minutes - 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.