Vegan Almond Flour Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie
Hello & Happy Monday!!
While I took the weekend off to get some R&R, I was back in the kitchen as soon as I got back home lol. I’ve been craving more almond flour concepts as I was really impressed by the S’Mores almond flour cookies from a few weeks ago. Also, I had done a few skillet cookie concepts in my early cooking days, but I had not revisited that concept again!
I find skillet cookies to just be nostalgic, easy, the variations are endless, and you can make one with literally a handful of ingredients and avoid white flour, white sugar etc.
That being said, I was excited to take a much needed trip down memory lane to whip up a holiday concept. and the vegan Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookie Skillet was born!!
What’s fab about this recipe, is everything! It’s quick, easy, affordable, is free of white flour, excess sugar, eggs, can be made without pumpkin for a simple staple chocolate chip cookie, has a rich pumpkin flavor, cooks all the way through, is perf for fall, perf for entertaining, and my newest obsession!
If you love all things pumpkin or easy gluten free vegan sweets, you have to try my recipe for a vegan Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie!
Why this recipe rocks:
Perf for fall
Perf for entertaining
Rich pumpkin flavor
Eat Drink Shrink
15 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
- 4 tbsp vegan butter or coconut oil, softened
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the almond flour, baking soda, salt, pumpkin spice, and cinnamon in a bowl.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar. Add the vanilla, mashed banana, and pumpkin, mixing until incorporated.
- Add the the dry ingredients to the bowl of the wet 1 cup at a time, beating well after each addition. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Place into a greased skillet and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown around edges.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool, top with vanilla ice cream a pinch of cinnamon and a chocolate drizzle!