Vegan Rum Raisin Cheesecake
This post is sponsored by Kellogg’s, all opinions are my own.
Hello & Happy Wednesday!!
If there is one thing I love about cooking, it’s taking a creative approach. This is one of the many reasons why I’m all about cooking vegan, countless concepts have never been explored which enables you to break new ground left and right.
When it comes to sweet dishes a lot of people are apposed to anything with raisins. However, I actually love concepts that feature raisins. There is something nostalgic about them, timeless, and they make a fab rum raisin recipe! This combo is typically seen with a bread pudding, but you can truly take those classic flavors and run with it, creating whatever you like..
Even a vegan Rum Raisin Cheesecake!
In keeping with the tradition to put a fun modern spin on recipes, I decided to pair this cheesecake with the staple Raising Bran cereal to tie it all in together. You can always opt for a graham cracker crust, a raw crust, but the cereal makes for the perf addition! It adds texture and enhances the overall raisin flavor that’s just game changing!
What’s fab about this cheesecake, is everything! It’s quick, easy, affordable, has minimal ingredients, is perf for the holiday season, protein packed with cashews, rich and creamy from the coconut milk, filled with rum soaked raisins, has notes of rum throughout, and a hint of citrus that just puts this recipe over the top!!
If you love all things rum raisin or are searching for the perfect modern holiday recipe, you’re going to love this recipe for vegan Rum Raisin Cheesecake!
Why the recipe rocks:
Perf for the holidays
Notes of rum
Packed with cashews
Rich with raisins
Eat Drink Shrink
Yields 6-8 slices
20 minPrep Time
20 minTotal Time
- 1 1/2 cups Raisin Bran (crushed)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 6 tablespoons vegan butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons coconut or brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups raisins, divided
- 1/3 cup dark rum
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 can full fat coconut milk (I recommend thai kitchen)
- 1 cup cashews, soaked overnight
- 1/2 squeeze orange
- zest from 1 orange
- 3/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Remaining raisins with fluid
- 2 Tsps corn starch combine with 1/3 cup water
- In saucepan, bring raisins, water, and sugar to a simmer. Remove from heat; let stand 20 minutes. Set aside.
- Add the cereal to a food processor and crush into small bits. Drizzle in the melted vegan butter and sugar and blend again. Press into a springform pan and chill in the fridge until ready to fill.
- Add the cashews, coconut milk, vanilla, orange juice, coconut oil, orange zest and sugar to a high power blender, blend until smooth. Pour into a bowl and fold in 1 cup of the soaked raisins leaving 1/2 cup left and the fluid behind. Remove the chilled pie crust from the fridge and pour in the filling.
- Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours until firm. Take the remaining raisins and throw back on the stove over medium heat. Combine the corn starch and water, whisk to remove clumps and add to the pan until slightly thickened. Pour over top. Top with whip cream and serve!