Vegan Chocolate Peppermint Almond Flour Cookies
Hello & Happy Sunday!!
While I don’t crave chocolate (I’m not the majority), I do crave chocolate combined with other flavors, such as mint! There is something about mint and chocolate that captures my attention and the essence of Christmas. That being said, you have to have a few staple chocolate mint concepts and these almond flour cookies seemed like the perfect idea!
When it comes to almond flour, I have a love hate relationship with it. I love that almond flour enables you to gravitate away from traditional flour, adds a natural sweetness, but like many alternative flours, they can also ruin many recipes.
However, I found a cookie combination that just works, and the rest is history!!
What’s fab about this recipe, is everything! It’s my staple almond flour cookie, quick, easy, rich with chocolate, coated in white chocolate, buttery soft, you can modify the thickness and texture, you can amp up the mint flavor if desired, and are perf for the holidays!
If you love almond flour based treats or are all about the chocolate and mint, you’re going to love this recipe for vegan Chocolate Peppermint Almond Flour Cookies!!
Why this recipe rocks:
Notes of mint
Perf for Christmas
Eat Drink Shrink
Yields 6-10 depending on size
15 minPrep Time
11 minCook Time
26 minTotal Time
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, softened
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 1 small banana, mashed
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup vegan white chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 crushed peppermints
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the almond flour, baking soda, salt, and coco powder in a bowl.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter, coconut oil, and sugar. Add the mashed banana, mixing until incorporated.
- Add the the dry ingredients to the bowl of the wet 1 cup at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Form the dough into tablespoon rounds and place on the lined baking sheet about 3 inches apart. For fluffy cookies make them bigger, for crispy cookies make thinner. Bake for 11-13 minutes, until lightly browned around edges.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool, then place on a cookie sheet to firm up. If they are not as firm as you like simply pop in the oven at 200 degree on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes.
- Combine the vegan white chocolate chips and coconut oil in the microwave, heat for 1 minute and stir every 15 seconds until fully melted. Dip the cooled cookies in the melted chocolate and top with crushed mints while still wet. These cookies are best enjoyed the day they are baked.
For more peppermint flavor, at 1 tsp peppermint extract to the wet ingredients, combine.