Vegan Pear Crisp with Quinoa
Hell0 & Happy Thursday!!
If there is one dessert concept that truly captures the essence of cold weather, it’s a fruit crisp! They can easily be thrown together and you can pair them with whatever fruit you’re craving, making the options endless.
Typically fruit crisps feature white flour and refined sugar, but you can easily get around using those commonplace ingredients. With a little almond flour and maple syrup you can mirror this classic dish!
What’s fab about this dish, is everything! It’s quick, easy, affordable, flavorful, contains no white flour or sugar, packed with fruit, contains minimal added sugar with the natural sweetness being derived from the fruit, perf for winter, packed with quinoa for added protein, you can even throw in some hemp seeds for more healthy protein, and perfect for entertaining!
If you love effortless desserts, you’re going to love my staple Pear Fruit Crisp with Quinoa!!
Why this recipe rocks:
Protein packed with quinoa
No refined sugar or white flour
Perf for entertaining
Eat Drink Shrink
Yields 6 servings
15 minPrep Time
45 minCook Time
1 hrTotal Time
- 4 medium pears peeled and sliced
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon of nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup coconut oil or vegan butter, softened
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup dry quinoa
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup finely-chopped pecans
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- For serving: vegan vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place peeled, sliced pears in a large bowl. Add vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ¼ teaspoon salt; toss to coat.
- Transfer pears to the prepared baking dish.
- In a separate bowl, use a fork (or your fingers) to mix together vegan butter, almond flour, oats, pecans, quinoa, hemp seeds, and salt until completely combined. The mixture will be lumpy, which is fine.
- Spread topping evenly over the pears.
- Sprinkle with more cinnamon, if desired.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until the top becomes golden brown and crispy and the pears are soft. Remove from the oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature. Top with vanilla ice cream!