3 Ingredient Pumpkin Bagels with Pumpkin Cream Cheese
Hello & Happy Monday!!
Since pregnancy I become more and more about the carbs. I believe it stems from trying to alleviate nausea, but ever since I’ve been all about.. bagels! lol
When it comes to cooking I do everything from scratch, but bagels are very involved and time consuming. It’s more practical to pick up ready made options than to slave away in the kitchen. That being said, I fell in love with these ready made bagels that feature just a handful of ingredients and no yeast!! They have a similar texture to bagels, but take minutes to make and even pack protein! (vegan greek yogurt)
What else is fab about this recipe?! Everything! The base is just 3 ingredients, it packs real pumpkin, protein, tons of flavor, you can modify the size to have more portion control, they are great for fall, and pair perfectly with the pumpkin cream cheese!
If you love fresh modern vegan concepts or have an affinity for pumpkin or bagels, you’re going to love these new 3 Ingredient Vegan Pumpkin Bagels with Pumpkin Cream Cheese!!
Why this recipe is great:
Packs real pumpkin
Great with the pumpkin cream cheese
Eat Drink Shrink
Yields 4 to 6, depending on size
10 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 1/2 cup Kite Hill vegan Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup self-rising flour or mix 1 cup all purpose flour + 1 1/2 tsp baking powder + 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice (optional)
- 1-2 tbsp melted vegan butter (optional)
- 1/2 cup Follow Your Heart vegan cream cheese
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar or brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- In a large bowl, add vegan sour cream, pumpkin puree, whisk and combine. Add in the spices and flour. With your hands or a spatula, mix together until it begins to form a crumbly dough. Use your hands to push the dough together into one ball. The dough will be very sticky.
- Knead the dough on a floured surface or in the bowl about 15 times, adding an additional 1/3 cup flour gradually if it becomes too sticky.
- Divide dough into four equal balls. Roll out a ball on a lightly floured surface until it becomes a rope about 3/4 inch thick. Try to make the rope as even and smooth as possible. Pinch ends shut to form a round circle. Repeat with remaining dough.Place bagels onto a baking sheet.
- Brush tops with melted vegan butter (optional)
- Bake bagels for about 23-25 minutes or until bagels are cooked all the way through. Remove bagels from the oven. If you'd like to brown them more simply set the oven on 500 and bake for 2-3 minutes. Allow bagels cool a few minutes.
- Pumpkin cream cheese: Combine all of the ingredients in a small bowl, whisk until smooth
When sliced if you feel they didn't cook all the way thru, simply bake sliced open on 375 for another 5-7 minutes.