Spinach & Artichoke Pesto Pizza
Hello & Happy Monday!!
It still blows my mind that some of us loathe artichokes! The appearance, the texture, the flavor and how they can seamlessly be thrown into a myriad of dishes make them one of my favorite veggies on the block! While this veggie has many fans, I feel like I find it on pizza’s less and less at restaurants.
That being said, the recipe was indeed a no brainer.
Another pizza trend that I’ve fallen in love with is gravitating away from the traditional red sauce! For myself I love to mix it up, add more fun topping and be more conservative with the sauce.
This recipe has me head over heels as its heavy on the veggies, doesn’t need to be smothered with cheese nor topped with avocado, packed with spinach in the pesto, the pesto can be made in bulk and used for a variety of dishes, and it’s hands down my fave vegan pizza!
If you’re searching for a veggie packed pizza that also packs flavor, you’ll love my vegan Spinach Artichoke Pesto Pizza!
Why this recipe rocks:
Packs tons of veggies
Uses minimal cheese
Healthy fats (olive oil and nuts)
Tons of spinach
Non vegan approved
25 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
55 minTotal Time
- 4 cups Spinach
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional if you don't have vegan parm or want more cheese like flavor)
- 3/4 cup nuts (any kind, I used pine nuts)
- 1/2 cup olive oil (more if needed to achieve desired consistancy)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 10-15 basil leaves (the more the merrier)
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1-16 ounce pizza dough (homemade or store-bought)
- 2 cups quartered & drained artichoke hearts
- 31/2 cup vegan Follow Your Heart shredded parmesan
- 1 cup vegan Follow Your Heart shredded mozzarella cheese (optional)
- 5-10 sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- If you're going to make your own dough:
- 4 cups flour
- 2 packets yeast
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbs oil
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees. Combine the yeast with warm water. Let it sit for 5-7 minutes until it bubbles. Add the salt, sugar, and oil and combine. Add the flour and continue to combine until you form a dough. Knead for 5-7 minutes. Turn of the oven. Place the dough in a greased bowl and allow to rise for 45 mins or more.
- Preheat oven for 450 degrees. Once it's doubled in size place the pizza dough on a lightly floured surface. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough out into a circle. Carefully move the pizza dough to a pizza pan or pizza stone. Process all of the pesto ingredients in a food processor. Spread the pizza evenly with pesto. Top with artichokes, sun dried tomatoes. vegan mozzarella, and and vegan parmesan cheese. (for more spinach top the pizza with it too!)
- Place the pizza in the hot oven and bake for 18-20 minutes or until pizza crust is golden and cheese is melted. Remove the pizza from the oven and let the pizza cool for a few minute. Cut into slices and serve.
To speed up the process: You can cook the spinach on the stove with a little olive oil, garlic, and white wine for 5-7 minutes, toss in the artichokes to get a good crisp while you flashback the pizza for 5-7 mins. Speeds up process and enhance flavors!