Spinach & Artichoke Pesto Pizza
Hello & Happy Monday!!
Some recipes are hard to develop, while others are effortless..
This recipe, was indeed a no brainer.
I personally love all things artichokes, believe it or not though, artichokes are not typically paired with pesto! (but I swear its oh so amazing!)
Want to see these recipes in action?!
Follow me on Snapchat!
This recipe has me head over heels as its heavy on the veggies, doesn’t need to be smothered with cheese nor topped with avocado (can’t believe I just typed that lol), and the favors blend seamlessly together!
If you’re looking for a pizza recipe that’s packed full of spinach, sun dried tomatoes, artichokes, you’ll love my vegan Spinach Artichoke Pizza!
Why this recipe rocks:
Packs tons of veggies
Uses minimal cheese
Healthy fats (olive oil and nuts)
25 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
55 minTotal Time
- 1 cup Spinach
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 3/4 cup nuts (any kind, I used cashews)
- 1/2 cup olive oil (more if needed to achieve desired consistancy)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 squeeze of lemon
- 10-15 basil leaves (the more the merrier)
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1-16 ounce pizza dough (homemade or store-bought)
- 1 cup chopped artichoke hearts, use jarred or canned and drain them
- 3/4 cup vegan Follow Your Heart shredded parmesan
- 1/2 cup vegan Follow Your Heart shredded mozzarella cheese (optional)
- 4-5 sun dried tomatoes chopped
- To speed up the process: You can cook the spinach on the stove with a little olive oil, garlic, and white wine for 5-7 minutes, toss in the artichokes to get a good crisp while you flashback the pizza for 5-7 mins. Speeds up process and enhance flavors!
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Place the pizza dough on a lightly floured surface. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough out into a circle. Carefully move the pizza dough to a pizza pan or pizza stone. Process all of the pesto ingredients in a food processor. Spread the pizza evenly with pesto. Top with spinach, artichokes, sun dried tomatoes. mozzarella, and parmesan cheese.
- Place the pizza in the hot oven and bake for 18-20 minutes or until pizza crust is golden and cheese is melted. Remove the pizza from the oven and let the pizza cool for a few minute. Cut into slices and serve.
To speed up the process: You can cook the spinach on the stove with a little olive oil, garlic, and white wine for 5-7 minutes, toss in the artichokes to get a good crisp while you flashback the pizza for 5-7 mins. Speeds up process and enhance flavors!