Vegan Portobello Banhi Mi Sandwich
Hello & Happy Wednesday!!
Truth: I actually made this recipe early last year, but it was long before I had the right lighting. Thus, it only made since to alter the recipe to be even more fab and provide you with some fresh images.
why is it so fab?!
The Asian portobello sammie is comprised of tons of veggies, freshly marinated mushrooms with Siracha and served with cilantro and homemade vegan wasabi mayo. Sounds complex, but its truly so easy you could do it blindfolded and it costs a few dollars to make.
Whether you’re a vegetable person, a mushroom person, or simply love easy recipes that offer intricate flavors..
This recipe will blow you away, no really, hold on tight lol..
Eat Drink Shrink
20 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
- - 2-3 portobellos
- - 1 Tbsp tamari
- - 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- - 1 Tbs. Siracha
- - 1tsp ginger
- - 1 Tbs. sesame oil
- - 1Tbsp sesame seeds
- - 2 Tbs vegan mayo
- - 2 Tsp. wasabi powder
- - 1/2 cup red and white cabbage
- - Handful of carrot peels
- - Handful peeled cucumber cut into sticks
- - cilantro as desired
- - Chives as desired
- - 1 Tbsp. sweet and tangy gf sauce
- - 1 avocado
- - Clean and trim mushrooms, place in bag with sweet and sour sauce, tamari, ginger, Siracha, scallion, sesame seeds, and sweet and tangy sauce, store in fridge for 24hrs
- - Once marinated bake for 25 minutes upside down and top off with excess sauce
- - Wash and prep all of the veggies
- - Blend mayo with wasabi powder
- - Toast Bread, dress sandwich with mushroom, toppings (carrots, cabbage, scallion & cilantro), wasabi mayo, and enjoy!