Vegan Asparagus & Herb Cashew Cheese Tart
Hello & Happy Tuesday!
There are some recipes I never thought I would approach simply because a vegan version just doesn’t seem feasible.
All I’m going to say is.. vegan pastry dough lol
However, while developing a recipe it occured to me that you can actually purchase an accessible frozen variety that strangely is vegan, making it a true effortless recipe!
While I’m all about making everything from scratch, for those who don’t have the time or patience, this recipe will be perf for you!
What I love about this recipe is, everything. Its quick, easy, flavorful, has multiple textures, aesthetic appeal, affordable (you can used dry herbs, but I recommend growing your own and using fresh!), nutrient dense, colorful, is perf for every season, and is non vegan approved!
If your searching for that perfect effortless lunch, dinner or appetizer concept that will make you look like an iron chef, this vegan Asparagus & Herb Cashew Cheese Tart is it!
Why this recipe rocks:
Perf for warm weather or any season!
Cheese can be made in bulk and used for something else
Non vegan approved
Want to see just how effortless this recipe is?!
Watch the tutorial above!!
Eat Drink Shrink
Yields 4 to 8 servings
25 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
45 minTotal Time
- 1 sheet frozen vegan puff pastry, thawed
- 1 bunch asparagus, about 1 pound - bottoms trimmed, greased w/olive oil
- 1 cup Follow Your Heart vegan parm cheese
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashews
- juice from ½ a lemon
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp chopped basil
- 2 tbsp chopped rosemary
- 2 tbsp chopped sage
- 2 tbsp chopped chives
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- ½ tsp. salt, or more to taste
- ¼ tsp. pepper, or more to taste
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Roll out pastry to a 9x13" rectangle. Roll out dough. Fold edges over a bit to create a crust. Prick with a fork. Move to a parchment-covered baking sheet. Place in preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine all the cashew cheese ingredients in a food processor. Add more almond milk if needed to achieve the right consistency. When pastry is done, spread cashew mixture over the crust and line asparagus over the cheese. Top w/vegan parm.
- Bake until pastry is golden brown and asparagus is tender, about 20 minutes. Remove, top w/olive oil and herbs if desired. Slice into long pieces, serve and enjoy!