Vegan Oven Roasted Baba Ghanoush
Hello & Happy Friday!!
There are some foods that we just have an organic affinity for. I’ve always been a hummus gal even dating as far back as 2001
(wow, ..long time ago lol)
There was something about hummus that was just.. different. The texture, the flavor, and just how filling it was without that feeling of being overwhelmingly full.
For years that was the extent of my exposure to middle eastern foods, then came falafel, and at some point.. Baba Ghannoush!
Whether it was because you typically couldn’t find it in a store, or that the name alone threw me off, I had not explored Baba Ghannoush in all its glory until perhaps 2010.
What’s fab about this recipe, is everything! It’s quick, easy, affordable, flavorful, veggie packed, can easily be made in bulk, tastes a million times better than any store bought option, is perf for any season and is hands down my favorite homemade snack!
If you’re looking for the perf snack or the perf dip to entertain vegan or non vegans.. this effortless Baba Ghanoush recipe is it..
Why this recipe rocks:
Better than hummus (there I said it)
Great for entertaining
Want to see just how effortless this recipe is?!
Watch the tutorial above!!
Eat Drink Shrink
Yields 3 cups
10 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
- 2 medium eggplants
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, optional
- Line a baking sheet and place sliced eggplant coated with sea salt, black pepper and olive oil onto a baking sheet. Prick the eggplant in several places using a fork to help the steam escape.
- Broil eggplants 2 minutes on both sides.
- Turn broiler off, but do not remove eggplants from the oven. Heat oven to 375 degrees. Roast eggplants 25 to 30 minutes, or until very soft. Set aside to cool, and combine tahini, lemon juice, garlic, cumin and the salt in a food processor. The longer it sits the more the flavors will blend.
- Throw in the eggplant with skins on and enjoy!