Baked Potato Soup
Hello & Happy Wednesday!!
I’ll be honest, it totally feels like Tuesday after the holiday weekend.
Also, I was mentally game for the wonderful fall weather that in the NYC is here and gone in the blink of an eye.. and its ironically been hitting the 90’s during the day.. (no bueno)
Since like me you could already be longing for the cold weather as summer comes to a close..
Sharing this amazing effortless recipe for vegan Jalapeño Baked Potato Soup was a no brainer!
If you love a spicy vegan spin on the classic Baked Potato Soup, this will forever be a staple in your kitchen!
What’s great about this recipe..
Its filling, but lighter with no heavy cream and sat fat!
Offers a blend of flavor
Can be made in bulk
Spicy! but cool with tofu sour cream
- 2-3 slices of faux bacon
- 2 Tbsp olive oil or if you have Vegan Magic faux bacon oil
- 1 yellow or white onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 6 medium russet potatoes, peeled and cut into ½ inch pieces (additional for garnish)
- 2 cups vegan cheddar cheese and additional for garnish
- 2 jalapeños minced
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1 cup of Follow Your Heart tofu sour cream - additional for garnish
- 4 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 chilis in adobo sauce minced
- Wash and peel potatoes and place in a large pot of boiling water for 15-20 minutes until fork tender.
- In a skillet, cook the onion, garlic, cumin, chili powder and chilis in adobo sauce in olive oil (or bacon magic) until onions are softened and lightly browned. Add
- Whisk in flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Slowly whisk in 1 cup of vegetable broth. Add the potatoes and mixture to a blender and puree until smooth. Add to a large pot with the remaining broth, nutritional yeast, cheddar cheese and diced jalapeño. Add 1 cup of tofu sour cream. Cook on medium heat for 30-45 minutes. (Add more vegetable broth to obtain the right consistency if soup thickens too much)
- Heat faux bacon and diced potatoes w/skins coated in olive oil, seasoned salt and nutritional yeast in the oven on 375 for 10-15 minutes or until crispy. Once soup is ready top with spices, bacon bits, spiced potatoes, vegan cheese, sour cream and scallion.
- For additional spice and Siracha or more chilis in adobo sauce
- For more flavor top with fresh avocado, because.. well why not lol.