BBQ Chicken Salad
Hello & Happy Thursday!!
In all honesty, I love just about any salad, but a salad with tons of flavor and character, I’m all about that..
This salad came to life because I love a salad with black beans and avo, and more than those, I love a good homemade Bbq sauce!!
My fave part about this recipe is the myriad of ingredients that blend seamlessly with it and how it doesn’t even really need salad dressing.
If you need a salad recipe that you won’t get bored with, that’s filling, chock full of nutrients, and had great presentation..
Then you need to try this recipe for Bbq “chicken” Salad!!
Why this recipe rocks:
Avo makes it perf
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium-sized sweet onion, chopped finely
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (less if you don’t like it spicy)
- 16 oz tomato paste
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup Siracha
- 3 tsp liquid smoke
- 3 tbsp vegan worcesterchire
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 cup water
- 4 cups of spinach
- 1/2 cup black beans
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1 cup cherry tomotoes
- 2 corn tortilla
- 2 Gardein Chicken patties
- 1 avocado
- In a large saucepan, sauté the onion in oil on medium heat for about 5-7 minutes. Add the garlic and sauté for another minute.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients to the pan, whisk to combine, and cook for about 30 minutes uncovered over low heat. Stir occasionally and make sure it doesn't burn.
- For more tangyness add additional apple cider vinegar, for more sweetness add more brown sugar. Remove from heat and let cool.
- You can place in a food processor, but it isn't needed.
- Throw "chicken" in a pan over medium/high heat with a little olive oil, heat the tips and get a good sear on them. (5-7 mins). Remove from heat and toss some bbq sauce on them. Take two corn tortillas, slice into strips, then place in the oven on 350 for 5 minutes.
- To assemble the salad. Wash the spinach, slice the tomatoes, rinse the blackens, and two it all together and top with the "bbq chicken", corn strips, and fresh avocado