Vegan Hash Brown Birds Nests
Hello & Happy Monday!!
Breakfast for me typically consists of avocado on toast, I know, I know, so “basic”, but I’ve been having avocado on toast long before it was ever a “thing”. (truth)
Fast forward to today, I love to explore breakfast concepts as it’s so easy to just have your go to like fruit or avocados, but to have fun with breakfast..
Now that’s magical
I can’t ever say that I’ve had the “traditional” Hash brown Birds Nest, but the idea came to me when Pinterest happened to be flooded with non vegan recipes.
Instead of thinking about what I can make vegan, I look at all foods vegan & non, ..and make whatever I’m craving.
I find that at the end of the day, you can really make just about anything vegan, and most times the aesthetics are more attractive, more nutrient dense, and in my opinon, taste a million times better.
If you’re a huge fan of the classic birds nest, love fun concepts, or simply want to wow your vegan and non vegan friends..
You have to try this recipe for vegan Birds Nests!
Why this recipe rocks:
Non vegan approved
20 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
50 minTotal Time
- 3 potatoes, Spiralized
- 5 tbsp Follow Your Heart Vegan Egg mixed with almond milk
- 3 scallions or chives (chopped)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- sea salt as desired
- black pepper as desired
- 1 cup Follow Your Heart vegan cheese (shredded)
- 1 cup spinach (chopped)
- Parsley garnish (as desired)
- 4 strips of bacon
- 1/2 tsp Liquid Smoke
- Cracked black pepper as desired
- Drizzle of maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a muffin tin with olive oil. Spiralize the potatoes, coat with salt and pepper and bake for 25 minutes.
- To cook the bacon combine all the ingredients in a medium size pan, cook for 5-7 minutes, then set aside to cool, chop into pieces.
- Combine the vegan egg powder with almond milk with sea salt, pepper. In the bacon pan, add the mixture and cook for 7-10 minutes. After 5 add the shredded vegan cheese, after 7 add the chopped spinach. Once cooked remove from heat. and set aside.
- When the Hashbrown cups are 75% cooked and getting crispy, add the egg mixture and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, top with scallions, and enjoy!