Blueberry Basil Lemonade Cocktail
Hello & Happy Saturday!
Although I typically stick to red wine due to its beneficial properties and it just being a personal preference, sometimes I crave a cutting edge cocktail!
My favorite approach to a modern cocktail is to combine multiples flavors of fruit and herbs and if I can add a hint of spice. (jalapeño margarita!)
What I love about this particular cocktail is that it combines fruit and herbs, has a gorgeous hue, notes of citrus and florals, and is the perf cocktail for any season!
If you’re looking for that effortless cocktail that packs flavor, nutrients, color, and aesthetic appeal..
You have to try my recipe for a Blueberry Basil Lemonade!
Why this recipe rocks:
Floral notes with elderflower
10 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 1 pint fresh blueberries, divided
- 2 cups fresh purple basil leaves
- 8 lemons (juice)
- 1 liter seltzer
- 5 cups water, divided
- 1/2 cup gin or vodka (as desired)
- 1/2 cup elderflower
- Place the basil and one cup of blueberries into a large pitcher. Gently muddle and set aside.
- Combine the lemon juice, one cup of water, and the remaining blueberries in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a low boil. Once the blueberries have released their juice and color, pour the mix through a fine mesh strainer into the prepared pitcher. Pour the remaining water into the pitcher along with a handful of ice. Add the elderflower and gin or vodka. Stir to combine. Serve cold, garnished with basil, blueberries, or lemon slices if desired.
Freeze some of the blueberries to use as a garnish and keep cocktails cold!