Vegan Breakfast Loaf
Hello & Happy Thursday!!
With fall around the corner and many of us getting back to the grind in full force, it seemed like the perfect opportunity to feature some breakfast meal prep options that make for an effortless quick breafast!
One of my personal favorites are, breakfast breads!
They are easy to make and the ingredients can encompass anything you’re craving!
What I love about this bread, is everything! It’s flavorful, nutrient dense, filling, made w/Elmhurst Milked Walnuts (obsessed), packed with all of my foodie faves, aesthetically pleasing, made with no dairy, eggs, white flour, white sugar, and perf for any season!
If you’re looking for an effortless morning go to that’s packed with everything from nuts, oats, carrots, to cranberries.. You need my recipe for vegan Breakfast Bread!
This recipe was made with Elmhurst Milked Walnuts! I’m a huge fan of this Brooklyn based company not only for the quality behind their products (they contain a much higher percentage of actual nuts versus the majority of watered down store bought options), and they come in such diverse options that I never come across! (Hazelnut and Walnut, swoon)
The Walnut & Hazelnut milks are on the darker side, but create a much richer flavor than other varieties. I just wouldn’t recommend them for a recipe that is supposed to be lighter in color!
Learn more about their story here
See their full list of products here
Why this recipe rocks:
Moist (I know, hate the word lol)
Packed with nuts
Made with whole wheat flour
Perf meal prep recipe to last throughout the week
No dairy or eggs!
Yields 10 slices
25 minPrep Time
45 minCook Time
1 hr, 10 Total Time
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup unsalted walnuts
- 1/2 cup unsalted pepitas
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 3 tbsp vegan eggs combined with 1/2 cup almond milk
- 2 tsp pumpkin spice blend
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup vegetable, canola oil, or melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup smooth applesauce
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups shredded or peeled carrots (2 carrots)
- 1 cup shredded/grated apple (about 1 apple)
- 1/2 cup oats
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a 8x8 loaf pan by greasing the bottom and sides (you can grease with coconut oil or butter) Lightly dust with flour and shake out excess flour.
- In a medium bowl, add flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ground cinnamon, pumpkin spice, nuts and cranberries. Whisk together. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the vegan eggs, maple syrup, oil, applesauce, orange zest, orange juice, and vanilla together until combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, stir a few times, add carrots and grated apple. Fold everything together gently just until combined and no flour pockets remain. Add to the pan and top with additional nuts, cranberries, and oats. If you're dough is too dry, add almond milk 1tbsp at a time.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.