Shaved Brussels Salad
Hello & Happy Tuesday!!
I’ll be honest, I love to eat healthy, but I’m not crazy about plain jane salads.
You have to get creative, have fun, and you have to have flavor!
This salad is all of that, in addition to being easy, sweet & salty, affordable, and has a beautiful presentation!
What stands out the most in this Shaved Brussels Salad with a Champagne Vinaigrette, is the texture, sweetness, and the saltiness with the bacon that gives it a lot of depth!
If you’re not so sure about incorporating faux meats, I highly recommend it as it truly made the salad!
Salad making doesn’t have to be a mundane task
You have to explore my recipe for a Shaved Brussels Salad with a champagne vinaigrette!
Why this recipe rocks:
Lots of fiber
Perf for summer, fall, winter, or spring
- 1/3 cup minced shallots
- 1/2 cup cranberries
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 lemon (juice)
- 1/2 orange (juice)
- 2 teaspoons agave or stevia
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup champagne vinegar
- 4 cups finely shredded kale (massage)
- 4 cups finely shredded Brussels sprouts
- 1/2 cup pecans/walnuts, toasted
- 5 strips faux bacon - Uptons Naturals
- 2 tbsp Vegan magic (optional)
- In a small bowl, whisk together the champagne vinegar, minced shallots, mustard, lemon juice, orange juice and agave. Stream in the olive oil while whisking continuously until well combined. Season the dressing with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside in the fridge for the flavors to combine.
- Preheat oven to 350, toast nuts for 10-15 minutes, turn halfway through for an even toast.
- In a large bowl, toss together the shredded kale, shredded Brussels sprouts and toasted almonds. Add as much dressing as desired, tossing to combine, then add the cheese and toss. Serve immediately.
- Cook the bacon in a small pan over medium heat until crispy. Cook with olive oil ro the preferred Vegan Magic bacon oil.
- To slice the brussels and kale use a mandolin. Cut of the stems and slice whole. Massage the kale a little bit before combining to loosen the fibers.
- To shred the kale, strip the leaves from the stems, stack the leaves on top of one another, roll them up and then slice. (chiffonaude)
- Throw the nuts, cranberries and greens in together and top with the champagne vinaigrette