Vegan Buffalo Cauliflower
Hello & Happy Wednesday!!
Buffalo cauliflower is somewhat old news in the foodie world. In all honesty though I had attempted to make this effortless dish over a year ago and the result just fell short.
I used minimal Panko, which left no texture, no batter, which made it just a soggy unpleasant mess. It’s important to note, as a health professional, I love to keep recipes straightforward and as clean as I can, but if it sacrifices flavor, I just can’t be all about it.
So I decided to give these Buffalo Cauliflower Bites a go again, but with this time taking a different approach and all I can say is simply.. Wow, I’m glad I tried again!
Crispy, crunchy, spicy, and tastes so good you could literally eat it without the blue cheese if needed!
If you’ve had a bad experience with Buffalo Cauliflower, you’re not alone and don’t lose hope, because you simply need to try this seamless recipe I put together! lol
Why this recipe rocks:
Full of fiber
Great for entertaining
Can be made without butter!
Yields 6 to 8 cups
20 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 cup white or whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 head of cauliflower (chopped into bite size pieces)
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce
- 4 tbsp Earth Balance vegan butter
- 1/2 cup Follow Your Heart vegan blue cheese
- 2 tbsp chopped green onion
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Cut cauliflower into bite sized pieces discarding the core. Combine almond milk, flour, garlic powder, pepper and olive oil in a large bowl. Create a separate bowl with the Panko. Dip the pieces in the batter (let any excess drip off), then coat in Panko, place on a foil lined pan and bake 15 minutes.
- Melt buffalo sauce with butter on the stove or in the microwave. (optional) Remove from the oven and gently toss in the buffalo sauce. Generously coat the cauliflower, but don't soak. Place back on the pan and bake an additional 5-10 minutes or until cauliflower is tender crisp.
- Top with vegan Follow Your Heart blue cheese dressing and green onion and serve with carrots and celery.