Vegan Buffalo Cauliflower Sliders
Hello & Happy Friday!!
As much as I love buffalo cauliflower bites now, there was a time where I just didn’t get it. The batter was soggy and it tasted simply like roasted cauliflower with hot sauce. Epic fail.
After getting my feet wet working with cauliflower, I’ve grown to love it! There are truly endless options as to what you can do with it.
While cauli bites are widespread, you can actually use cauliflower to make sandwiches and sliders with whatever marinade & toppings you like! (Asian cauli sammie)
What I like about this recipe is that just like classic buffalo cauli bites, they are effortless, use minimal ingredients, pack heat, flavor, crunch, nutrients, and great aesthetic appeal!
If you’re looking for the perf vegan bite for entertaining or simply just craving a something a lil more than cauli bites..
You have to try this recipe for vegan Buffalo Cauli Sammies with blue cheese slaw!
Why this recipe rocks:
Great aesthetic appeal!
Non vegan approved
Great for entertaining
Eat Drink Shrink
20 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 cup white or whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 head of cauliflower (chopped into medium/large portions)
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce
- 4 tbsp Earth Balance vegan butter
- 6-8 mini slider buns
- 1/2 cup Follow Your Heart vegan blue cheese
- 1 cup purple cabbage (chopped)
- 1 cup white cabbage (chopped)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Cut cauliflower into medium sized pieces discarding the core. Combine almond milk, flour, garlic powder, pepper and olive oil in a large bowl. Create a separate bowl with the Panko. Dip the pieces in the batter (let any excess drip off), then coat in Panko, place on a foil lined pan and bake 15 minutes.
- Melt buffalo sauce with butter on the stove or in the microwave. (optional) Remove from the oven and gently toss in the buffalo sauce. Generously coat the cauliflower, but don't soak. Place back on the pan and bake an additional 5-10 minutes or until cauliflower is tender crisp.
- To assemble the slaw, chop and throw together all of the ingredients. Top the cauliflower pieces with slaw and serve! Serve with carrots and celery!