Buffalo “Chicken” Pizza
Hello & Happy Monday!!
I can’t even begin to tell you the last time I had buffalo chicken pizza on top of the fact that I’ve never really had a taste for anything spicy until the past 6 months. (proof, that your tastebuds evolve)
Over the past few weeks, I had a craving for all things buffalo that hit me like a ton of bricks lol!!
Would I describe this pizza as a “healthy” option? Not quite, but..
Would I say it’s sheer perfection when you’re craving some fatty vegan eats with a bit of a kick..
Why then its all that and a bag of vegan chips!!
If you’re looking for that recipe that’s a head turner, game changer, and guaranteed to please vegan and non vegans..
You have to try my recipe for vegan Buffalo Chicken Pizza
Why this recipe rocks:
Total Game Changer
- For the crust
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 Tablespoon yeast
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups all purpose flour or bread flour
- 1 block Follow Your Heart vegan Mozzarella (shredded)
- 1/2 scallions
- 2 Gardein vegan Scaloppini chicken (sliced into chunks)
- 1/2 cup Franks Red Hot
- 1/3 cup Earth Balance Vegan butter
- 3/4 package of Follow Your Heart vegan cream cheese
- 1/2 cup Follow Your Heart Vegan Blue Cheese
- To make the crust, add yeast and sugar to warm water and allow to proof for 5 minutes.
- Heat oven to lowest setting, after preheating is done, turn it off.
- While the yeast is proofing, combine the salt, and flour in the bowl. Once yeast is bubbling, combine with the flour mixture and then add the olive oil. Start to mix the dough by hand and then start to knead it on a floured surface.
- The dough should be soft but not sticky; add more flour if necessary. Remove the dough from the bowl and form it into a nice ball. Pour a little more olive oil into the bottom of the bowl and put the dough back in the bowl, turning it once to coat with olive oil. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap, set it in the preheated oven, and allow to rise for for at least 45 minutes to an hour. (oven should be turned off)
- When the dough has risen, punch it down, remove it from the bowl, and place it on a clean, well-floured counter. To make the dough more manageable, divide the dough into 2 equal portions so that you can achieve the right size. Roll each portion out to a thickness of 1/8-1/4″. Roll out the dough onto a greased pizza pan, coat the edges with olive oil and bake for 10 minutes on 350 before golden brown. Remove from oven, and top with the chicken mixture, then the shredded cheese. Bake on 400 for an additional 10-15 minutes. Remove from heat once golden brown and top with Scallion and a drizzle of vegan blue cheese.
- In a large saucepan, sauté the chopped Gardein chicken pieces in a drizzle of olive oil. Cook on med/high, get a good sear, after 5 minutes add the buffalo sauce and butter and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes. Shred the vegan cheese while its cooking. Remove from heat, add the cream cheese and blend.