Buffalo “Chicken” Pull Bread
Hello & Happy Wednesday!!
It’s hard to imagine that years ago, I gravitated away from spice! I found it to be too overpowering for my tastebuds and couldn’t even handle buffalo sauce. (true story)
Needless to say, today I love spice, on anything and everything, especially sweet things!
Adding some fire to any recipe simply adds another dimension of flavor, one that I just can’t get over anymore! lol
In addition to spice, I also have a huge affinity for pull breads. Years ago I had never even heard of the concept, but after whipping up a few I’m completely in love with them and always searching for new variations! (Classic pull bread, Mexican Pull bread)
What I love about this recipe for vegan Buffalo “Chicken” pull bread is that it’s a handful of ingredients, packs vegan chicken, heat, but the coolness of the vegan blue cheese. While some vegan dressings can be subpar, this blue cheese is superb!
If you’re looking for that entertaining app that doesn’t disappoint or simply love spice like I do..
You have to try my recipe for vegan Buffalo “Chicken” Pull Bread!!
Why this recipe rocks:
Great for entertaining
Non vegan aPproved!
15 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
- 1 loaf artisan bread
- 1 package of vegan Gardein "Chicken"
- 3/4 block shredded vegan Follow Your Heart mozzarella cheese (soft kind)
- 3/4 block shredded vegan Follow Your Heart cheddar cheese (soft kind)
- 1 stick of Earth Balance vegan butter
- 1 cup of Buffalo Sauce (can use 1/2 cup, I like spice!)
- 1 bunch of scallions or chives sliced about an inch into the green
- 1/4 cup of vegan Follow Your Heart blue cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a medium size pan over medium heat cook the vegan chicken in a little olive oil for 5-7 minutes, get a good sear. In a separate pan combine the hot sauce and butter and cook on low until melted and combined. Once chicken is done, top with the hot sauce and butter mixture and combine.
- Cut the loaf of bread length-wise and width-wise. Don’t cut all the way to the bottom. Add in the coated vegan chicken using 1/2 of the buffalo sauce. Don't stuff it down too far, because you are going to use it to hold the bread open and get the sauce in. Now stuff the two cheeses into the bread. Now add any leftover buffalo sauce mixture to the bread
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes. Once toasted on the outside. Remove the foil and bake for another 5 minutes. Top with scallions and the Follow Your Heart blue cheese dressing and serve warm.