Vegan Buffalo Jackfruit Wontons
Hello & Happy Thursday!!
With game day around the corner I thought I would revamp some of my favorite concepts. The first one that came to mind, was my vegan buffalo dip! Prior to the boom of jackfruit, the only option was faux meats that are laden with fillers and preservatives. While I’m not a huge fan of jackfruit as it’s not accessible to many, costly and the portions are small, but when it comes to replicating meat focused recipes it mirrors the texture and can take on whatever flavor you like, so using jackfruit for this concept was a no brainer!
I don’t know about you, but over the years I developed an affinity for all things spicy, especially.. Buffalo Wing Sauce
(5 years ago I would have ran the other way)
In addition to being enamored with all things spicy, I tried buffalo dip ions ago and while I gravitate towards complex eats, some of the most pedestrian concepts are the best! lol
What I love about this concept is, everything! It’s easy, has minimal ingredients, contains no funny faux meats, quick, can easily be made in bulk, can be enjoyed just as a dip, has aesthetic appeal, is great for entertaining, and non vegan approved!
If you love all things buffalo or jackfruit or replicas of classic eats, you have to try my recipe for vegan Buffalo Jackfruit Wontons!!
Why this recipe rocks:
Easy like Sunday morning
Tastes just like the original concept but better!
Wonton wrappers are my jam
Non vegan approved
Great for game day or any day!
20 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce
- 2/3 cup Follow Your vegan Heart Blue Cheese dressing
- 4 oz. Follow Your Heart vegan cream cheese, softened/room temp
- 1 can jackfruit
- 4 cups water
- 50-20 vegan wonton wrappers (read the labels)
- 2 tbsp chives
- Preheat oven to 425. In a large pan heat 4 cups water to boiling. Add the jackfruit and cook for 10 minutes. Drain, and add oil to the pan and cook for 5-7 mins breaking the jackfruit up with a fork. Add the buffalo sauce, blue cheese dressing, and cream cheese. Continue to stir and combine over medium heat.
- Grease a muffin pan and place a wonton wrapper in each hole. Press down so that it fills the cup. Fill each wonton wrapper with the buffalo mixture if being enjoyed right away. If not, I'd bake just the wontons in the oven, heat the filling and fill the cups.
- Fill the cups with 1 1/2 tbsp of the mixture. Bake for 18-22 minutes, or until wonton edges are crispy and browned. Remove from oven and let cool.Top with chopped chives.