Buffalo Hummus Dip
Hello and Happy Friday!!
Like many of us, we’re exhausted by the time 5:00 hits on a Friday.
Which is why I decided to provide you with the ultimate effortless vegan recipe that I stumbled upon a few weeks ago while experiencing a craving..
For those who possess an inner obsession with all things buffalo, this will be the next best thing since sliced bread for you, and for those who are even just learning about the glory that is “buffalo Sauce” (me), you too will be fascinated by this recipe that you never tried..
Because in all of my plant based advocacy I have yet to ever come across a store bought buffalo hummus flavor!
What’s great about hummus as a whole is that its affordable, easy, and so versatile. You can serve it with just about anything, top it on amazing vegan sammies, and play around with the flavors like its nobodies business.
If you’re looking to jazz up your vanilla hummus routine, this recipe is the perf addition to your weekly routine.
Warning: you may become addicted and experience withdraws. (No jk)
- 1 can cooked chickpeas, drained and rinsed to remove excess sodium
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 3 tbs tahini
- 2-3 tbsp Franks red hot sauce (can use the wing flavor or original)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil to achieve desired consistency
- 1. Combine all the above ingredients except for the olive oil in a food processor. fully combine and gradually add in the oil to achieve desired smooth consistency
- 3. Add additional salt, lemon juice, or hot sauce as desired and top with paprika & cayenne pepper for aesthetic appeal. Dust serving dish with turmeric.
- For more spice add red pepper flakes!
- For lemon pepper wing hummus add additional lemon and cracked black pepper