Vega Buffalo Mac + Cheese
Hello & Happy Tuesday!!
I’m on a mission to revive some of my favorite recipes that didn’t get the TLC they needed. Wile inundate with work, Valentine’s Day, and leaving town, this effortless recipe came to mind! For some this concept may come across as too inulgent, but it’s a basic pasta dish, packed with protein and healthy fats from the cashews and topped with breadcrumbs for texture. You can garnish with a drizzle of blue cheese if you feel like experiencing all of the flavors that encompass wings!
I don’t know about you, but I personally love all recipes that feature wing sauce. I have only a few, Buffalo Cauliflower Wings and Buffalo Jackfruit Dip, but I could eat them all by the buckets! What’s ironic is that I never had a thing for wings pre plant based eating and even hated all things spicy. However, the more I got into cooking, the more I craved heat. Today adding heat to a dish is protocol and I equate it to adding salt, it just enhances flavor!
What I love about this dish, is that it’s quick, easy, affordable, fun, great for entertaining, can easily be made in bulk, perf for any season, non vegan approved, the blue cheese puts it over the top!
For those who love all things with heat and blue cheese, this recipe will be a no brainer, you have to try my vegan Buffalo Mac + Cheese
Why this recipe rocks:
Can be made in bulk
The perf side
Eat Drink Shrink
Yields 4 cups
15 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 4 cups cooked pasta
- 1 1/2 cups cashews (soaked, drained.)
- 2 tsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce
- 1/2 cup almond milk (add more as needed to achieve desired consistency)
- salt/pepper as desired
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- Vegan blue cheese as desired
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. To make the sauce soak cashews in hot water for 10 minutes, drain toss in a food processor with the rest of the ingredients. Combine half of the sauce with cooked pasta. Toss into a greased cast iron skillet. Take the second half and layer on top.
- Top with vegan Panko. Bake for 5-7 minutes or until golden brown. The more you bake the more likely the sauce can dry out. If it becomes drier after baking simply toss in more sauce. Serve warm and drizzle with vegan blue cheese!