Vegan Buffalo Polenta Fries
Hello & Happy Thursday!!
I’m not sure how this recipe came to fruition, but let’s just say..
I was kiiiinda going through a buffalo phase and it manifested itself with polenta fries and pizza lol
This recipe is fun in the sense that it’s easy, affordable, can be baked or fried depending on the calories you want to invest, flavorful, easy, affordable, and typically an all around..
If you love polenta, fun recipes, and have an affinity for all things buffalo..
Then you have to try this recipe for..
vegan Buffalo Polenta Fries
Why this recipe rocks:
Yields 20 pieces
20 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
- 6 cups water
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 cups uncooked polenta (Bobs Red Mill)
- 1/2 cup Earth Balance vegan butter
- 3/4 cup Franks Red Hot sauce
- 1 cup Follow Your Heart vegan Blue Cheese dressing
- 1/3 cup chopped scallions
- In a large pot bring salted water to a boil. Gradually whisk in polenta. Reduce heat to medium and continue to stir until polenta takes on a thick/creamy texture (like grits) Should take upwards of 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in vegan butter and Franks Red Hot sauce until fully melted and combined. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper leaving some length hanging over the edges for easy removal. Once cooled, spread polenta in an even layer on the lined baking sheet, smoothing it with a spatula. Place in the refrigerator to set for a few hours to firm.
- Once set, slice the polenta into narrow rectangular shoes with a sharp knife, about 1/2-inch (1.3-cm) wide by 3-inches long. Preheat oven to 425 F. Arrange fries in a single layer with about 1/2-inch between fries on a baking sheet. Lightly coat with olive oil and bake for 20 minutes, flip and bake an additional 20 minutes. Allow to cool for a few minutes before serving. Serve with vegan blue cheese and top with scallions.
To fry: Fill a pot with at least 3-inches of vegetable oil. Once heated for at least 5-7 minutes (should sizzle when you throw a piece in), fully submerge sliced polenta fries, cooking only a few at a time. Carefully remove, using tongs, and transfer to a paper towel lined tray to absorb excess oil.