Vegan Butternut Squash Soup
Hello & Happy Thursday!!
I’m telling you, THIS Butternut Squash Soup can be enjoyed during any time of the year rain or shine and could perhaps even be enjoyed cold like a gazpacho!
So much that the dish wouldn’t be what it is without it!
Other ingredients that makes this recipe sheer perfection are the turmeric and coconut milk. In my experience coconut milk based soups are always a win win by adding texture and flavor while still keeping a dairy free recipe. And well turmeric, is an anti-inflammatory and is just a must!
If you’re looking for a “Sunday Prep” soup that’s effortless and you won’t get bored with..
Butternut Squash Soup is the answer!!
- 1 medium butternut squash, split seeds removed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 3 teaspoon salt
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 tsp of ginger
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- Pistachios & parsley for garnish
- preheat oven to 350, wash and slice squash and garlic cover with olive oil and a dash of sea salt, bake for 20 mins. until soft.
- In a medium size pot cook the diced yellow onion and garlic on medium heat, add the spices, once translucent add the vegetable stock and then the squash. Cook on high for 10 minutes, then add the coconut milk and reduce to a simmer. Gradually add the coconut flour to thicken the soup.
- Remove from heat, once cooled, blend in a food processor/blender. Top with spices and crushed nuts
- Top with any kind of crushed nuts
- Use regular flour if you don't have coconut flour