Carrot Cake French Toast Casserole
Hello & Happy Wednesday!!
I don’t know about you, but I love pancakes, but I love..
French toast casserole a 1000x more..
Its more fun, packs tons of flavor, has more aesthetic appeal, and more texture!
Since Easter is coming within days and I wanted to explore a fun recipe that features carrot cake….
This vegan Carrot Cake French Toast Casserole seemed like the perf idea!
If you love carrot cake, fun recipes, and have an affinity for all things french toast..
You’ll love this recipe for Carrot Cake French Toast Casserole
Why this recipe rocks:
Packs tons of flavor
Can be made in bulk
1000x better than plain ol pancakes
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1/2-1 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 5 tbsp Follow Your Heart egg - each matched with 1/2 almond milk
- 1 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 2 tsp orange zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 package of Follow Your Heart vegan cream cheese
- 1 large loaf of bread
- 1 cup pecans
- Coconut oil - to grease the pan
- For the crumb topping
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup vegan butter, cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- In a bowl add the FYH eggs with almond milk, whisk, combine, set aside. In another large glass measuring cup or another bowl, whisk together other almond milk, coconut sugar, shredded carrots, nutmeg, ginger, cinnamon, and vanilla. Lightly coat a 9x13 baking dish with coconut oil. Slice and cube the bread, and place a layer of bread cubes evenly into the baking dish. Combine the mixture with the vegan eggs and pour evenly over the top. Make sure 95% is covered in the mixture with a few not. Store covered overnight in the fridge.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Bake for 10-15 minutes in the oven. While baking assemble the crumble by combine all of the ingredients in a bowl. Once baked for 10-15 minutes, remove, and spread atop the casserole along with the pecans and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes. Serve warm and top with powdered sugar if desired. Spread cream cheese filling in an even layer. Top with remaining bread cubes mixture to completely cover the filling. Cover and place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or overnight. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- To make the crumb topping, combine flour, sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Add cold butter and toss to coat, using your fingers to work the butter into the dry ingredients until it resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle the crumb topping evenly over the bread cubes.
- Place into oven and bake for 35-45 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve immediately, sprinkled with pecans and confectioners' sugar, if desired.