Cauliflower Jalapeño Cheese Dip
Hello & Happy Monday!!
This is probably more of a Friday recipe, but if you find that you’re not excited about Monday today, you’ll at least have something to look forward to because this recipe for Cauliflower Cheese Dip is just all that and a bag of chips!
(I can’t believe that was ever a saying, and I can’t believe I just repeated it lol.)
My personal experience with cauliflower is making a mash back in 2012, then trying cauliflower steaks, a pizza crust and cauliflower bites! (which were fab btw)
Needless to say, I don’t have a TON of experience with this amazing veggie, but there is still a myriad of uses for cauliflower in addition to the ones I’ve tried.
I chose to use cauliflower for this recipe as typically people use cauliflower as a base to build a vegan cheese sauce. So to add more texture to this dip in junction with the vegan pepper jack cheese and sour cream, I thought that it would be the perf fit!
What’s great about this recipe is that its easy, takes maybe 45 minutes to make, is packed with veggies and can be made to incorporate even more such as squash or zucchini!
On a scale of 1-10, this one was a 10.5 and far exceeded my expectations. I feel as though the concept of using the cauliflower as well as the Follow Your Heart vegan cheese really made this recipe! The cheese melts more like real cheese, tastes like real cheese, and even will get crispy like real cheese!
If you’re looking for a quick and effortless dip that doesn’t disappoint.. This is it!
(fyi, you totally don’t have to use this cake mold lol
Why this recipe rocks:
Tons of veggies
Great for parties
Can be made into tacos!
Can add even more veggies!
- 1 small head cauliflower
- 2 tbsp coconut bacon oil
- 1 package of Follow Your Heart jack Cheese
- 4 tbsp almond milk
- 2 chilis in adobo sauce
- ½ yellow onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ cup sour cream
- ⅛ teaspoon paprika
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 3 sprigs of cilantro
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 package of mushrooms
- 4 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 jalapeños
- 1/2 to 1 cup follow your heart tofu sour cream
- Cut cauliflower into florets and steam for about 20 minutes, until tender.
- In a large sauce pan over medium heat, cook the minced garlic with the bacon coconut oil for 2 minutes, then add the onions, cook for 10 minutes or until translucent, add the rinsed mushrooms , chopped chilis in adobo sauce, jalapeño, and cook for another 5 minutes. Top with seasonings and set aside.
- Transfer cooked cauliflower to food processor along with sour cream and nutritional yeast and process until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- In a small pot over med/high heat place the vegan cheese and almond milk in a pot, content to stir to prevent burning. (3 to 5 minutes)
- Scrape the cauliflower mixture from food processor into a baking dish and top with the mushroom onion mixture, then the cheese, then top with seasonings. Broil until cheese is melted.
- Top with fresh cilantro and serve with veggies, chips or tortillas